IFS Applications 9 launches at IFS World Conference 2015
New version of IFS Applications features major enhancements in user experience, architecture and functionality
IFS, the global enterprise applications company, today launched IFS Applications™ 9, the new core version of its extended enterprise applications suite. IFS Applications 9 delivers customers true business agility by bringing them closer to their business and by providing them with the flexibility to capitalize on change. This is thanks to innovations in user experience, new features, enhanced configurability, and a new layered application architecture.
New to IFS Applications 9 is:
- IFS Lobby—a clear and tailored view of the business or situation as it relates to a role or process. IFS Lobby is fully customizable and presents at-a-glance, actionable information relevant to each unique user. This UI improvement makes IFS Applications 9 easier and faster to use, bringing users closer to their business, no matter whether accessed on a desktop, tablet, or smartphone.
- IFS Streams—a notification system designed to keep you close to the pulse of your business by posting relevant updates and actions to processes, relevant to individual users.
- Layered application architecture—specialized extension and customization layers that streamline and drive cost out of modifications to the application. Technical staff can now spend more time adding value to your business rather than administering customizations.
- Embedded CRM—providing truly embedded CRM capabilities, IFS Applications 9 makes business data accessible to the right people at the right time, enabling better decision making and customer service.
- Enhanced support for global business—new capabilities for group consolidation, improved support for matrix organizations, and a host of other improvements that help global businesses capitalize on their size and reach.
“We are very proud to present IFS Applications 9, which brings a large number of new features, a fantastic user experience, and over 500 enhancements to new and existing customers,” said Thomas Säld, SVP of Research & Development at IFS. “Promoting business agility has been our guiding principle during the development phase, which means major investments in areas such as a better solution fit for the industries we serve, creating insight through visualization, collaborative tools, user configurability, and layered application architecture, among many others. Combined with flexible deployment models, IFS Applications 9 is uniquely positioned to help companies capitalize on the pace of change in global business.”
IFS Applications 9 has been deployed through an early adopter program with five customers who have been testing and providing feedback on the system for more than a year. Representing a wide spread of industries and geographies, the early adopters are Beijer Electronics, Kimal, Spang Magnetics, VBMS, and Servi Group.
Learn more about the exciting new features of IFS Applications 9.
Oliver Pilgerstorfer, Corporate Communications. Telephone: 44 1494 428900, firstname.lastname@example.org
Frédéric Guigues, Investor Relations. Telephone: 46 8 58 78 45 00, email@example.com
IFS™ is a globally recognized leader in developing and delivering business software for enterprise resource planning (ERP), enterprise asset management (EAM) and enterprise service management (ESM). IFS brings customers in targeted sectors closer to their business, helps them be more agile and enables them to profit from change. IFS is a public company (XSTO: IFS) founded in 1983 and currently has over 2,700 employees. IFS supports more than 2,400 customers worldwide from its network of local offices and through a growing ecosystem of partners. For more information visit: www.ifsworld.com.
Follow us on Twitter: @ifsworld
Visit the IFS Blogs on technology, innovation and creativity: http://blogs.ifsworld.com/
IFS discloses the information herein pursuant to the Financial Instruments Act (1991:980) and/or the Securities Markets Act (2007:528). The information was submitted for publication on May 5, 2015, at 10.30 a.m. EDT.