Cost-saving point of sale technology firm supply UK’s first Canadian Coffee chain
Intelligent Point of Sale Limited, one of the fastest-growing electronic point of sale (EPOS) providers has supplied its cost-saving technology to the UK’s first Second Cup cafe in Manchester.
Second Cup’s international expansion started in 2003 and now Second Cup cafes are located in 26 regions worldwide. Second Cup opted to fit its flagship UK shop with intelligentpos® technology to keep pace with the growing demands of its fast moving business.
intelligentpos® technology is used on iPads which are pre-loaded with the cloud-based point of sale application. The portable system allows operators greater flexibility to process transactions wherever they occur.
The flexible system is the next generation in EPOS technology, offering increased capability while retaining the fundamental features expected of a traditional EPOS system.
Robin Knox, Director at Intelligent Point of Sale Limited, said:
“We are delighted to work with Second Cup, a global operator offering world-class products to its customers, and to support their first UK operation.
“As the coffee shop will cater to such a large volume of consumers, we know that intelligentpos® will allow the operation to work flexibly and efficiently.”
intelligentpos® significantly cuts point-of-sale set-up costs.
“intelligentpos® is an affordable, flexible and easy to install point of sale business solution.
“Our product allows business owners to remotely monitor their commercial activity and with no contracts or hidden costs and software updates and tech support included, our customers feel assured that they are maximising their own profitability when trading.”
Second Cup’s first UK cafe is in the Manchester Arndale Shopping Centre, the largest inner-city shopping centre in Britain and Second Cup’s franchise partner for Manchester is expected to generate around 100 jobs over the coming years.
Second cup have also installed intelligentpos® technology into its outlets in Ghana, Lithuania and Yemen.
Jim Ragas, President Second Cup International, said:
"Second Cup cafés are designed to be a second home – where our valued customers can relax or work. Creating an efficient and straightforward experience for them when ordering and paying is an essential part of our service
“ intelligentpos® enables our staff greater functionality and flexibility when taking customer orders and communicating with other staff.
“With such an intuitive product, designed by those who know the industry, Intelligent Point of Sale Limited has created a dynamic and cost-effective technology which, together with our fabulous coffee, will help us to remain ahead of the competition.”
Notes to editors:
Intelligent Point of Sale Limited
- Edinburgh-based Intelligent Point of Sale Limited supplies computerised cash register software and hardware to small and large businesses through the UK.
- The product – intelligentpos® - is an iPad and cloud-based point of sale application which allows businesses to process transactions with portable and flexible hardware and software.
- intelligentpos® allows business owners to remotely monitor their commercial activity, manage staffing levels and alter products and offers.
- intelligentpos® is a hybrid cloud system, meaning that it is not internet reliant.
- Founded in October 2012 by business partners Robin Knox and Paul Walton, Intelligent Point of Sale Limited employs 11 full-time members of staff in Edinburgh.
- intelligentpos® packages start from £39 plus VAT per month for independent businesses.
The Second Cup coffee café concept originated in 1975 in Toronto, Canada. Second Cup’s international expansion started in 2003. Second Cup café operators are committed to serving the best and highest quality coffees in the world in an inviting ambience with uncompromising standards of customer service, product quality and freshness. As a specialty coffee retailer, Second Cup has become a second home to hundreds of thousands of guests every day.
- Second Cup cafés are located in 26 regions worldwide with over 130 operating internationally. Second Cup cafés offer a variety of innovative and exclusive blends, espresso-based beverages and iced drinks, Whole Leaf Premium Teas, All Natural Frozen Yogurt, signature foods, indulgent treats and premium beverages in a warm and comfortable setting.
- The Canadian coffee café franchise originated in 1975 in Toronto.
For further information, please contact:
0131 554 9150