Mars Inc, BlackBerry Ltd, Time Inc, Shapeways Inc and more to speak at Managing the Trademark Asset Lifecycle in New York next month
In this year’s Global Trademark Benchmarking Survey, one-quarter of the corporate counsel who responded to World Trademark Review ’s survey reported that their budgets were cut in 2015, with 42% seeing budgets frozen.
With increasing pressure on budgets, in-house trademark professionals are constantly seeking new ways to save money, assist in revenue generation and demonstrate their value by being proactive commercial partners to internal stakeholders. Similarly, private practitioners must also find new ways to add value to their consultative services and assist clients as they grapple with internal corporate dynamics and demands. Reflecting this reality, Managing the Trademark Asset Lifecycle 2016 is designed to equip counsel with the tools and cutting-edge strategies that will enable them to meet these challenges head-on.
A stellar speaking faculty will discuss a broad range of topics, including the strategic utilisation of brand and trademark audits, the treatment of brands in corporate transactions, the creation of trademark revenue generation strategies that truly pay off and the role of trademark counsel in financial deal making.
Key speakers at Managing the Trademark Asset Lifecycle 2016 include:
- Colm Dobbyn , group executive and associate general counsel, MasterCard Inc
- David Haigh, CEO, Brand Finance PLC
- Alan Kravetz , president and chief operating officer, Leveraged Marketing Corporation of America
- Relani Belous, senior vice president, general counsel, Penthouse Global Media Inc
- Jessica Cardon, senior vice president and general counsel, Camuto Group
- Charles Chen , deputy general counsel, intellectual property, HICKIES Inc
- Susan Crane, group vice president, Wyndham Worldwide Corp
- Shelley Jones , senior legal counsel, BlackBerry Limited
- Christian Palmieri , IP counsel, A&E Television Networks LLC
- Amanda Quinn , senior marketing properties specialist, Mars Inc
- Rachel Reid , chief counsel and chief privacy officer, Voya Financial
- Tom Rowland , director, business affairs, Time Inc International
- Michael Weinberg , IP and general counsel, Shapeways Inc
- Pamela Weinstock , vice president and associate general counsel, Kenneth Cole Productions
Managing the Trademark Asset Lifecycle 2016 is taking place in New York on October 20 at Convene . A limited number of delegate places remain, so you are advised to register today at http://www.wtr-events.com/trademarklifecycle/2016 to guarantee your place. For more information about the event please contact Joshua Conde on +44 207939 4263 or at jconde@GlobeBMG.com .