Interim report January-June 2018
Second quarter 2018
- Consolidated net revenues for the second quarter of 2018 increased to SEK 3,630 M (1,796). Pro forma for the second quarter of 2017, net sales were SEK 3,204 M.
- Operating earnings improved to SEK 1,240 M (476). Pro forma for the second quarter of 2017, operating earnings were SEK 865 M.
- The operating earnings of SEK 1,240 M include non-recurring items of SEK –173 M (pro forma in the preceding year –192), items affecting comparability of SEK 218 M (pro forma in the preceding year, 0) and revaluations of SEK –1 M (pro forma in the preceding year 64). Accordingly, operating earnings excluding non-recurring items, items affecting comparability and revaluations increased to SEK 1,196 M
(pro forma in the preceding year 993).
- Net earnings for the quarter amounted to SEK 701 M (98) and earnings per share were SEK 5.33 (1.32).
- Cash flow from operating activities increased to SEK 1,679 M (703).
- The carrying amount for portfolio investments has risen by 7 percent since the end of the preceding quarter. Portfolio investments for the quarter amounted to SEK 2,385 M (pro forma in the preceding year 1,287). The return on portfolio investments was 15 percent (pro forma in the preceding year, 17 percent).
- In Credit Management, revenue growth on a pro forma basis was 16 percent (6 percent excluding items affecting comparability), and the operating margin increased to 34 percent (28 percent excluding non-recurring items and items affecting comparability).
Presentation of the interim report
The interim report and presentation materials are available at https://www.intrum.com/investors/
President & CEO Mikael Ericson and Acting CFO Thomas Moss will comment the report in a live webcast on 24 July 2018 at 9:00 a.m. CET. The conference will be held in English.
To listen in to the conference live, please dial:
+44 20 3008 9817 (UK)
+46 8 5063 9549 (SE)
+1 855 831 5947 (US)
Link to video cast is also available on www.intrum.com.
For further information, please contact:
Mikael Ericson, President and CEO, tel: +46 8 546 102 02
Thomas Moss, acting CFO, tel: +46 8 546 102 02
Louise Bergström, Head of Investor Relations, tel: +46 8 546 103 42
Thomas Moss is the contact under the EU Market Abuse Regulation.
This information is such that Intrum AB (publ) is required to disclose pursuant to the EU’s markets abuse directive and the Securities Markets Act. The information was released for publication on July 24, 2018 at 07.00 a.m. CET.
Intrum is the industry-leading provider of Credit Management Services with a presence in 24 markets in Europe. Intrum helps companies prosper by offering solutions designed to improve cash flows and long-term profitability and by caring for their customers. To ensure that individuals and companies get the support they need to become free from debt is one important part of the company’s mission. Intrum has more than 8,000 dedicated and empathetic professionals who serve around 80,000 companies across Europe. In 2017 pro-forma revenues amounted to SEK 12.2 billion. Intrum is headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden and the Intrum share is listed on the Nasdaq Stockholm exchange. For further information, please visit www.intrum.com.