INVERTED EDGE LAUNCHES WEBSITE WITH SPRING/SUMMER 2013 COLLECTION
Debuts With Limited Editions and Exclusive Capsules from Asia-Pacific’s Leading Fashion Designers
San Francisco - CA, 19 March 2013 – Inverted Edge, a global online fashion retailer, announced today the launch of its website and the debut of the first Spring/Summer 2013 collection featuring Limited Editions and Exclusive Capsules from Asia-Pacific’s most talented fashion designers.
Inverted Edge will offer Exclusive Capsules featuring a number of firsts, including – a new range of women’s apparel from leading designer, Jayson Brunsdon (Australia), based on his signature design philosophy that will debut in the price range of US$250-U$400; a customizable jewelry capsule from artisan jeweler, Carrie K (Singapore); necklaces exclusive to Inverted Edge from award-winning designer, Nina Nikicio (Indonesia) in her first foray into jewelry; and a women’s Ready-to-Wear line from menswear designer, NINETEEN EIGHTY (South Korea).
Inverted Edge will also feature Limited Edition collaborations where unique items will be produced in limited quantities if minimum pre-order numbers are received. This includes Gail Sorronda’s (Australia) eight handmade kangaroo leather necklaces (US$240); 12 structured peplum vests (US$380) by LION EARL (Singapore); and 12 sun-gold colored eel skin clutch purses (US$350) by POMME D’ELLIE (South Korea). Each item will be shipped with a serialized authenticity card.
Debra Langley, CEO and Founder of Inverted Edge said, “Inverted Edge is delighted to be working in partnership with Asia Pacific’s best designers who have chosen to make their collections and exclusive items available through us.”
“With our exclusive capsules and Limited Editions initiative, designers get the chance to test new ideas or even directions for diffusion lines. This gives our customers access to individual and unique pieces at Ready-to-Wear prices.”
Inverted Edge uses design and technology to make shopping experiential rather than one-dimensional. Its strategy covers a full life-cycle approach to consumption: from sourcing designers that create interesting and wearable styles; to providing an online experience to help users discover their individual styles; and the use of social platforms such as Facebook, Pinterest, Vimeo and Twitter to allow designers to tell their stories and interact with consumers.
35 designers from 10 countries have created Inverted Edge’s Spring/Summer 2013 collection. They include:
- Australia: Jayson Brunsdon, Michael Lo Sordo, Talulah, Lee Mathews, Gail Sorronda and Empire Rose
- Mainland China: Mary Ching
- Hong Kong: INJURY, Daydream Nation and Twisted Sisters
- India: Rachana Reddy
- Indonesia: Nina Nikicio, Harper and Smith, Major Minor and Hunting Fields
- Japan: ETW Vonneguet, Paratiisi and Twoin
- New Zealand: Karen Walker, Andrea Moore and Stolen Girlfriends Club
- Singapore: AWOL, Edge of Ember, LION EARL, Carrie K and Eugene Lin
- South Korea: FleaMadonna, DEMOO PARKCHOONMOO, Acbine, PostDecember, McNelly, RyuKei, NINETEEN EIGHTY and POMME D'ELLIE
- Thailand: Yuna
Carolyn Kan, Designer for Carrie K said, "I'm excited by the unique and refreshing online retail experience that Inverted Edge will offer. It will allow people to engage with designers and share exciting new discoveries and things they like with friends. As a designer, Inverted Edge connects me with people who are looking for exclusive and artisan crafted jewelry that is playful and provocative by design."
Kay Wong, Designer for Daydream Nation said, “As a local independent label, Inverted Edge connects Daydream Nation to an international audience and provides us with a sophisticated retail platform to sell our products around the world. Our partnership with Inverted Edge will help raise the awareness for our brand globally and we are delighted to be collaborating with them on their global debut.”
Kelli Wharton, Designer for TALULAH said, “With each new TALULAH collection, each new venture, the brand strives to create beautiful sophisticated products. We are excited to partner with Inverted Edge to grow the TALULAH brand. TALULAH has a strong and loyal customer following in Australia and we are now focusing on developing that recognition and love for the brand internationally through Inverted Edge.”
To celebrate the launch of its Spring/Summer 2013 Collection, Inverted Edge has selected 10 ‘looks’ that reflect its brand viewpoint:
- Jewelry from Carrie K’s WORD capsule, which is exclusive to Inverted Edge
- Eel skin bags from POMME D'ELLIE
- Looks that celebrate color and fun:
- Daydream Nation cat face silk top with a neon cat motif skirt.
- Jayson Brunsdon silver sequin skirt complemented with Nikicio silver necklace
- Talulah Journey Stone dress from her Crystal Light collection, complemented with Karen Walker filigree clutch
- Andrea Moore floral dress in reds and purple with leather trim
- Empire Rose blue silk ombre top with Gail Sorronda Limited Edition Paradise neckpiece
- A structured/geometric look by LION EARL in a Limited Edition peplum vest
- Minimal looks that favor a dark palette:
- DEMOO PARKCHOONMOO Aurora dress or top
- INJURY layered maxi dress
Inverted Edge will offer free shipping globally for Limited Edition items and free shipping will also be provided for any jewelry purchased before May 15.
Notes to Editor:
- Hi-res product images of items featured in this media release can be download at http://InvertedEdge.com/press
- A backgrounder featuring the profiles of Inverted Edge designers can be downloaded from the press room.
About Inverted Edge
Inverted Edge offers a thoughtfully curated Ready-to-Wear collection from the best of Asia Pacific’s independent fashion talent. We use technology and design to make shopping on Inverted Edge experiential rather than one-dimensional. Visit http://InvertedEdge.com to find out more.
For further information, please contact:
Mobile: +61 432 177 005