Interim Report January-June 2017
Highlights during the second quarter
- Adjusted net asset value*, based on estimated market values for the major wholly-owned subsidiaries and partner-owned investments within Patricia Industries, amounted to SEK 376,736 m. (SEK 493 per share) on June 30, 2017. Adjusted for the dividend paid, adjusted net asset value increased by SEK 12,600 m., or 3 percent, during the quarter.
- Reported net asset value1)* amounted to SEK 331,238 m. (SEK 433 per share) on June 30, 2017, an increase of SEK 1,041 m. (SEK 1 per share) during the quarter. Adjusted for the dividend paid, reported net asset value increased by SEK 9,452 m., or 3 percent.
- Listed Core Investments generated a total return* of 3 percent.
- Within Patricia Industries, reported sales growth for the major wholly-owned subsidiaries was 11 percent. Organic growth was flat.
- 3 Scandinavia distributed SEK 1.7 bn. to Patricia Industries.
- The value change of Investor’s investments in EQT was 6 percent in constant currency. Net cash flow from EQT amounted to SEK 745 m.
Financial information, year to date 2017
- Both adjusted net asset value growth and reported net asset value growth, including dividend added back, amounted to 13 percent.
- Contribution to reported net asset value amounted to SEK 31,161 m. (-12,718), of which: Listed Core Investments SEK 39,360 m. (-6,873), Patricia Industries SEK -226 m. (1,380), and EQT SEK 1,569 m. (1,166). Dividends paid amounted to SEK 8,411 m.
- Leverage* (net debt/reported total assets) was 4.7 percent as of June 30, 2017 (5.3).
- Consolidated net sales for the period was SEK 17,127 m. (15,124). Consolidated profit/loss for the period, which includes unrealized change in value, was SEK 39,940 m. (SEK 52.25 basic earnings per share), compared to SEK -6,288 m. (SEK -8.25 basic earnings per share) for the same period 2016.
For further information:
Stefan Stern, Head of Corporate Relations, Sustainability and Communications, Phone 46 8 614 2058, 46 70 636 7417
Magnus Dalhammar, Head of Investor Relations, Phone 46 8 614 2130, 46 73 524 2130
This information is information that Investor AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, at 08:15 CET on July 19, 2017.
Our press releases can be accessed at www.investorab.com
Investor, founded by the Wallenberg family a hundred years ago, is the leading owner of high quality Nordic-based international companies. Through board participation, our industrial experience, network and financial strength, we strive to make our companies best-in-class. Our holdings include, among others, ABB, Atlas Copco, Ericsson, Mölnlycke and SEB.