Year-End Report 2017
Highlights during the fourth quarter
- Adjusted net asset value*, based on estimated market values for the major wholly-owned subsidiaries and partner-owned investments within Patricia Industries, amounted to SEK 384,747 m. (SEK 503 per share) on December 31, 2017, an increase of SEK 4,607 m., or 1 percent, during the quarter.
- Reported net asset value1)* amounted to SEK 336,262 m. (SEK 440 per share) on December 31, 2017, an increase of SEK 681 m., or 0 percent, during the quarter.
- Listed Core Investments generated a total return* of 0 percent.
- Within Patricia Industries, organic sales growth in constant currency amounted to 3 percent for the major wholly-owned subsidiaries. Mölnlycke’s profitability continued to improve sequentially and was in line with last year.
- Aleris’ overall performance remains unsatisfactory. The reported value has been impaired by SEK 1.0 bn., and actions to improve stability and profitability have been intensified. The value of Investor’s investments in EQT increased by 7 percent in constant currency. Investor paid a net SEK 813 m. to EQT.
- The Board of Directors proposes a dividend per share of SEK 12.00 (11.00), to be paid in two installments, SEK 8.00 per share in May, 2018, and SEK 4.00 per share in November, 2018.
Financial information 2017
- Adjusted net asset value growth and reported net asset value growth, including dividend added back, amounted to 16 percent and 15 percent respectively.
- Contribution to reported net asset value amounted to SEK 36,185 m. (28,276), of which: Listed Core Investments SEK 42,636 m. (30,936), Patricia Industries SEK 766 m. (4,438), EQT SEK 3,144 m. (1,986), and dividend paid SEK -8,411 m. (-7,635).
- Leverage* (net debt/reported total assets) was 3.5 percent on December 31, 2017 (5.3). Consolidated net sales for the period was SEK 34,381 m. (31,742).
- Consolidated profit/loss for the period, which includes unrealized change in value, was SEK 44,298 m. (SEK 57.96 basic earnings per share), compared to SEK 33,665 m. (SEK 44.09 basic earnings per share) 2016.
For further information:
Stefan Stern, Head of Corporate Relations, Sustainability and Communications, Phone 46 8 614 2058, 46 70 636 7417
Magnus Dalhammar, Head of Investor Relations, Phone 46 8 614 2130, 46 73 524 2130
This information is information that Investor AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, at 8:15 CET on January 23 2018.
Our press releases can be accessed at www.investorab.com
Investor, founded by the Wallenberg family a hundred years ago, is the leading owner of high quality Nordic-based international companies. Through board participation, our industrial experience, network and financial strength, we strive to make our companies best-in-class. Our holdings include, among others, ABB, Atlas Copco, Ericsson, Mölnlycke and SEB.