Year-end Report 2016
INCREASED NUMBER OF HOUSING STARTS AND IMPROVED PROFITABILITY
- According to segment reporting revenue increased to SEK 15,752m (14,447) and operating profit increased to SEK 2,011m (1,590). The operating margin increased to 12.8 percent (11.0)
- Restated in accordance with IFRIC 15, revenue increased to SEK 15,291m (13,939) and operating profit increased to SEK 1,931m (1,499). This restatement is attributable to JM International and had a negative effect on earnings of SEK –80m (–91)
- Profit before tax increased to SEK 1,871m (1,427). Profit after tax increased to SEK 1,478m (1,085)
- Return on equity for the past twelve months increased to 31.2 percent (23.7). Earnings per share during the year increased to SEK 20.40 (14.50)
- Consolidated cash flow including net investment in properties was SEK 1,957m (–230)
- The number of residential units sold increased to 3,843 (3,770) and housing starts increased to 4,187 (3,731)
- Surplus value of development properties was SEK 7.0bn (4.2)
- The Board of Directors proposes a dividend of SEK 9.50 (8.25) for 2016, as well as renewed buy-back authorization.
For additional information, please contact:
Claes Magnus Åkesson, CFO, +46 (0)8 782 89 71
This information is information that JM AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, at 08:00 CET on 2017-02-07.
JM is one of the leading developers of housing and residential areas in the Nordic region. Operations focus on new production of homes in attractive locations, with emphasis on expanding metropolitan areas and university towns in Sweden, Norway and Finland. We are also involved in project development of commercial premises and contract work, primarily in the Greater Stockholm area. JM should promote long-term sustainability work in all of its operations. Annual sales total approximately SEK 15 billion and the company has about 2,400 employees. JM is a public limited company listed on NASDAQ Stockholm, in the Large Cap segment. More information is available at www.jm.se/en.