Shoot for the Stars - Pink Lady® Food Photographer of the Year rockets into 2013
The doors were closed to entries for the second-ever Pink Lady® Food Photographer of the Year www.pinkladyfoodphotographeroftheyear.com , the global celebration of the art of food photography, at midnight on Thursday 31 January.
The doors were closed to entries for the second-ever Pink Lady® Food Photographer of the Year www.pinkladyfoodphotographeroftheyear.com, the global celebration of the art of food photography, at midnight on Thursday 31 January.
“Entries kept on coming in right to the last second,” says Caroline Kenyon, Director of Pink Lady® Food Photographer of the Year. “We are really delighted to announce that we have trounced last year’s entry figures by an astonishing 70%, with 5500 images coming from across the world.”
Not only have the number of entries gone up exponentially, but also Twitter followers have doubled, as have website visits with visitors coming to the awards website from over 140 countries.
“It means a great deal to us that this is a truly international venture,” confirms Andy Macdonald, Managing Director, CoregeoUK, the Master Licensor of Pink Lady® in theUKand headline sponsor of the awards. “We have entries from Poland to Pakistan,Namibia to Norway and Belgium to Brazil.
“I truly believe these awards have started a cultural phenomenon, bringing this vast talent and interest in all aspects of food photography together, and I am very impressed by the quality and range of the work submitted.”
The shortlist will be revealed at the end of February, followed by the Judges’ Dinner at the Saatchi Gallery in March where the overall winner will be decided. The prestigious Awards Reception will be held at the world-renowned Mall Galleries in April, presented by Jay Rayner, broadcaster and food critic.
- Pink Lady® Food Photographer of the Year 2013 closed for entries 31 January 2013
- Shortlisted entries will be announced 28 February 2013
- Winners will be announced at the Mall Galleries,Londonon 23 April 2013
- Headline sponsor Pink Lady® apples take 200 days of tender loving care to produce. From ‘pip to perfection’, only the very best pass the rigorous inspection tests to receive the Pink Lady® classification. For more information visit www.pinkladyapples.co.uk
- Errazuriz Wine Photographer of the Year is sponsored by Errazuriz, the premier family wine estate of Chile. Don Maximiano Errázuriz founded Viña Errázuriz in 1870 in the Valle de Aconcagua, 100km north of Santiago. www.errazuriz.com
- StockFood Food off the Press category is sponsored by StockFood, www.stockfood.com which offers the largest food image database on the internet: an unrivalled collection of images, videos and features from over 1,000 internationally renowned photographers.
- The chosen partner charity is Action Against HungerUK
- Supporters for 2013 are One Vision Imaging Limited, Champagne Taittinger and Production Paradise
- Kenyon Communications, award-winning specialists in both food PR and in delivering national awards, are behind Pink Lady® Food Photographer of the Year 2013
For further information regarding Pink Lady® Food Photographer of the Year 2013, please contact Susan Richmond, Kenyon Communications, Tel: 01673 828764, Mobile: 07708 690707, Email: