Kobrand Corporation Places Flag in Mendoza with the Addition of Premium Argentinian Producer Alta Vista to its Portfolio of Fine Wines
(Purchase, New York) April 11, 2011 – Kobrand Corporation, importer of fine wine and spirits, breaks new ground entering the premium Malbec category by adding Alta Vista to its portfolio. The introduction of Alta Vista to Kobrand’s roster of premium brands embodies the importer’s driving philosophy of representing wines that reflect authenticity of origin. Kobrand officially launches the brand July 1st, 2012 and will be responsible for distribution and marketing throughout the United States, US Duty Free and the Caribbean.
Kobrand President and CEO Robert T. DeRoose spearheaded the agreement commenting, “Argentina continues to be one of the industry’s fastest growing categories. We sought to enter this segment with a partner who had the highest quality products, practices, people and relationships. Alta Vista met our standards on all counts.” DeRoose continued, adding “Honoring family heritage is a Kobrand touchstone and has guided the successful management of iconic brands including, Maison Louis Jadot, Cakebread Cellars, Tenuta San Guido- makers of Sassicaia, and the Fladgate Partnership Ports. We are excited to add family-owned Alta Vista and their founders, the d’Aulan family, to this list.”
Alta Vista wines have been internationally recognized as some of Argentina’s most representative wines. Founded in 1997 by the d'Aulan family, former owners of Champagne Piper-Heidsieck, the mission of Alta Vista is to express Argentina’s best terroirs and varietals. Alta Vista’s signature is ‘Terroir Management™.’ This trademarked method of meticulous attention to terroirs and vinification produced Argentina’s first ever single vineyard designated Malbec wines in 2001. Fusing the d’Aulan family’s European legacy, rooted deeply in Champagne, with Argentinean terroirs has yielded a style of wine that balances old world restraint with new world vibrancy.
Alta Vista owner Patrick d’Aulan selected Kobrand as the exclusive U.S. importer for Alta Vista, explaining “We were meticulous in a search for a partner with innovative sales and marketing capabilities. Kobrand’s seven decades of successfully identifying, developing and positioning luxury wines is unparalleled. In addition, quality, passion and education are at the heart of both of our highly regarded privately held family enterprises.”
Alta Vista will reside in the Wine Division of Kobrand Wines & Spirits and be managed by Brand Manager Tomislav Cvjetkovic. “It’s a pleasure to represent one of Mendoza’s pioneering wineries,” remarked Cvjetkovic. Cvjetkovic will be responsible for strategic direction and day to day management of:
- Alta Vista Classic; A series of every day wines that includes Malbec, Cabernet Sauvignon and Chardonnay. Aged six months in oak, these wines are stylistically fruit-forward and very approachable.
- Alta Vista Premium; A series that includes Malbec, Cabernet Sauvignon and Torrontes and is focused on optimal expression of each variety from the highest elevated terroirs in Mendoza and Salta.
- Terroir Selection; A blend of estate fruit from four different Malbec vineyards; Alizarine, Serenade, Albaneve and Temis, each bringing different characteristics to the wine. The style expresses terroir and 12 months aging in new oak barrels.
- Single Vineyard; Alta Vista takes ‘Terroir Selection’ to the next level by showcasing three of the single estate vineyards; Alizarine, Serenade and Temis. These powerful reds elegantly express the variations of each vineyard. Aging 12 months in new oak barrels enhances spicy, floral aromas, and soft tannins.
- Alto; Spanish for ‘high’, Alto is considered a benchmark for Argentinean premium wines and is only produced when harvest allows. It is aged a minimum of 16 months in new oak. It is an estate wine that combines elegance, authority and complexity.
For additional information contact;
Marybeth Bentwood, Kobrand Director of Public Relations
Tom Cvjetkovic, Kobrand Brand Manager Alta Vista
About Kobrand Corporation
Kobrand Corporation was founded in 1944 and to this day remains one of the few family-owned wine and spirit companies. Kobrand’s portfolio of wine and spirits was meticulously selected according to a single, unerring principle: quality. This continued focus has made the Kobrand name synonymous with wines and spirits of the highest caliber for over 60 years. Kobrand is the exclusive agent and/or sales and marketing partner for an outstanding selection of fine wines and spirits including; Maison Louis Jadot Burgundies, Champagne Taittinger, St. Francis, Sequoia Grove, Benziger Family Winery, Cakebread Cellars, Sassicaia, The Fladgate Partnership of Ports, Appleton Estate Jamaican Rum, Alize Passion Liqueurs, Depaz Blue Cane Amber Rhum, Café Boheme Coffee Crème Liqueur and Delamain Grande Champagne Cognacs.