ADELLE TRACEY AND CHARLIE GRICE WIN INAUGURAL ELITE MILE AT THE SALOMON CITYTRAIL™ RICHMOND HALF MARATHON
On Sunday 22ndMarch 2015, The Salomon CityTrail™ Richmond Half Marathon held the inaugural invitation elite grass mile in Richmond’s Old Deer Park.
Over 10 elite athletes from the South of England visited Richmond’s Old Deer Park to take part in the grass elite mile. Adelle Tracey, from Guildford and Godalming AC won the women’s event in 05:27 and Charlie Grice from Brighton Phoenix AC won the men’s event in 04:44 minutes.
Charlie Grice, Brighton Phoenix AC says: “It was the first time I have done a grass mile and it complemented my training well. Hopefully it inspired the younger generation even though the time was quite slow because the course had a lot of turns.”
Adelle Tracey, Guildford and Godalming AC says: “I really enjoyed the mile as there was a great atmosphere at the event and the course was challenging which made the race interesting. It's not often I get to run over this distance because I'm primarily an 800m track runner so it felt great to take the win and run through the tape for the first time!”
Over 3,000 individuals had completed The Salomon CityTrail™ Richmond Half Marathon earlier in the morning and plenty of people waited to see the elite athletes take part in the challenging one-mile grass course.
Richard Xerri, Founder and Director at Perseverance Events says: “The 2015 Salomon CityTrail™ Richmond Half Marathon and 10km was a great success and it was brilliant to be able to also invite local elite athletes to take part in the inaugural Elite Mile. Showing the community that we have so much local talent is important and these athletes inspired many of the young children and adult spectators today.”
To register your interest in The 2016 Salomon CityTrail™ Richmond Half Marathon or 10Km event, visit www.richmondhalf.com
Notes to Editor
The Salomon CityTrail™ Richmond Half Marathon and 10km
- The Salomon CityTrail™ Richmond Half Marathon and 10km will take place on Sunday 22nd March 2015.
- The race preludes London Marathon and is fast becoming a well-established pre-London half marathon event. The race is now in its 3rd year with 4,500-5,000 in attendance throughout the day.
- The events’ 2015 chosen local charity is The Vineyard Community Centre.
- The Salomon CityTrail™ Richmond Half Marathon and 10km was established in late 2012 by local business owner, athletics coach and Surrey Team Manager Richard Xerri from Perseverance Events. For 10+ years he has managed several club and county events on a voluntary level. He also helps several local clubs with equipment for events and assists local organisers with advice and experience.
- Perseverance Events also organise: Summer Breeze Running Festival (13th June 2015) and London Enduro 12 Hour & 50km Trail Race (13th June 2015)
For more information or images of THE SALOMON CITYTRAIL™ RICHMOND HALF MARATHON & 10KM, please contact Laura Kettle at email@example.com or 07980 757482.