GLADIATORS READY? THE GAUNTLET GAMES COMES TO LONDON
The newest and most exciting obstacle race, The Gauntlet Games, is launching in London in Trent Park on Saturday 30th May 2015.
After the great success of its first event in Woodhall Estate, Hertfordshire last September, The Gauntlet Games is now coming to Trent Park. Designed for those who have never completed a 5km run let alone an obstacle course, the emphasis is on fun, lots of mud and the odd Gladiator to up the tempo along the way.
The Games is the only obstacle race in the world which is interactive. There are no static obstacles, every one involves getting past a Gladiator in some way, whether it be by escaping a Gladiator in a giant mud bath, balancing your way along a beam before the Gladiator is able to push you off, or dodging past the Gladiators with their pugil sticks. The race will finish in an arena where spectators will cheer on the participants as they complete their final challenges.
Sarah King, Director at Gladiator Events says: “We hope London is ready for the Gauntlet Games and will welcome the Gladiators with open arms! The Gladiators are there to interact with and are not intimidating so don’t worry we’ve made sure this event is all about having fun and a laugh with your mates. We wanted to create an experience where no one feels daunted and which introduces nervous runners to the fantastic world of obstacle racing.”
Participants can expect to face obstacles such as the foam zone - where Gladiators will be sending out jets of foam over competitors, the travelator - where Gladiators will be trying to stop competitors from racing up a giant slippery slide by throwing water down it and the paintball zone, where competitors will have to dodge their way past Gladiators with paint guns hiding in the trees.
The Gauntlet Games will differ from other obstacle races where participants tackle the route, terrain and obstacles. The Games will be set over two distances of 5K and 10K and revolve around human interaction with the Gladiators who are being sourced from the Saracens Amateur Rugby Club located in nearby Southgate.
To book your place at the latest obstacle race, visit www.thegauntletgames.co.uk.
Notes to Editor
The Gauntlet Games
- The Gauntlet Games was founded by Sarah King, the only independent female obstacle race director in the UK, in 2014.
- The first event took place at Woodhall Estate, Hertfordshire in September 2014.
2015 events include:
- 18th April, Hertford Hertfordshire
- 30th May, Trent Park, London
- 6th June, Coedarhydyglyn, Cardiff
- 8th August, Hyde Estate, Brighton
- 5th September, Hertford, Hertfordshire
- Booking can be done online at www.thegauntletgames.co.uk and prices start at £29 including a free t-shirt and medal.
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/thegauntletgames / Twitter: @GauntletGames14 / Instagram: thegauntletgames
- Website address: www.thegladiatorgames.co.uk
For more information, images of The Gauntlet Games or an interview with Founder of The Gauntlet Games - Sarah King, please contact Laura Kettle at firstname.lastname@example.org or 07980757482.