Leimdörfer wins 'Best Nordic Real Estate Investment Bank' award from Euromoney
Firm also claims 'Best Nordic Real Estate Adviser’, ‘Best Nordic Transaction Execution Adviser’ and major additional regional awards
STOCKHOLM and HELSINKI — October 3rd, 2008
Leimdörfer yesterday was named ‘Best Nordic Real Estate Investment Bank’, and ‘Best Nordic Real Estate Adviser’, the top annual awards presented by Euromoney’s Liquid Real Estate magazine to real estate investors, investment banks and advisers.
Louise Richnau, partner and Head of Transactions at Leimdörfer, accepted the awards yesterday in London at a banquet hosted by the publication.
Leimdörfer was also named ‘Best Nordic Transaction Execution Adviser’, following another year of outstanding property divestment performance in the Nordic real estate market. In addition, the firm won five major regional awards for excellence in real estate related financial advisory in Sweden.
"These awards reflect our mission to be the most skilled advisory firm in the Nordic real estate market, striving to exceed our clients’ expectations at all times", said Sven Dahlin, partner and CEO of Leimdörfer. "We are delighted that our efforts have been recognised and look forward to continuing to help our clients achieve the highest levels of performance", said Louise Richnau.
Regarded as the benchmark awards in the global real estate industry, Euromoney's fourth annual real estate survey canvassed the opinions of investors, real estate developers, financial institutions, advisers, and end-users in 54 countries worldwide.
Erik R. Eliasson, partner and Leimdörfer's Head of Corporate Finance, said of the awards the firm won for ‘Best Real Estate Investment Bank’: "Our success begins with truly understanding our clients and delivering customised capital markets solutions to meet their needs. Combining that creativity with our in-depth knowledge of the Nordic real estate market enables us to complete transactions for our clients in any market condition."
Euromoney Liquid Real Estate Awards won by Leimdörfer in 2008 include:
Best Real Estate Investment Bank – Nordic and Baltic
Best Real Estate Adviser – Nordic and Baltic
Best Transaction Execution Adviser – Nordic and Baltic
Best Real Estate Investment Bank – Sweden
Best Real Estate Adviser – Sweden
Best Transaction Execution Adviser – Sweden
Best Real Estate Financial Services – Sweden
Best Corporate Real Estate Services – Sweden
Leimdörfer has completed some of the year's key Nordic property transactions, including:
- Diligentia’s SEK 2.3 billion sale of 163,000 m² residential property company ‘Täbyhus’ to Akelius.
- Etera’s and YIT’s sale of 20,000 m² logistics property ‘Koskelo Trade Park’ in Espoo to Hansainvest.
- John Mattson Fastigheter’s sale of 69,000 m² central Stockholm commercial portfolio to KMN Förvaltning, AxFast and Bonnier Cityfastigheter.
- Sponda’s €42 million sale of 10,000 m² ‘Sokos Hotel Helsinki’ in Helsinki CBD to Exilion Capital.
- Nordic Real Estate Partners’ SEK 350 million sale of 14,000 m² retail property ‘Sisjö Entré’ to DEFO.
- KF Fastigheter’s sale of 28,000 m² retail park ‘Värmdö Marknad’ and shopping centre ‘Gustavsberg Centrum’ to Genesta.
- Lehman Brothers’ and NEP Partners’ sale of 170,000 m² office portfolio in Stockholm, Solna and Malmö to Fabege, Humlegården and Catella Real Estate.
- Industri Kapital’s sale and leaseback of Moventas’ two 44,000 m² industrial properties in Jyväskylä and Karkkila to Sponda.
- Bonnier’s sale and leaseback of MTV3’s 27,000 m² head office property in Helsinki to NV Kiinteistörahasto.
- EQT’s SEK 1 billion sale and leaseback of Gambro’s two 78,000 m² production facilities in Hechingen, Germany and Lund, Sweden.
In addition, Leimdörfer has acted as sole financial adviser and sole placement agent to property private equity firm White Peak in the raising of White Peak Real Estate I, its first fund targeting property investments in China.
Leimdörfer is an independent Nordic real estate investment bank. With offices in Stockholm and Helsinki, Leimdörfer offers property related financial- and strategic advisory services across: Transactions, Corporate Finance, Financing and Strategic Advisory. In 2007-2008 YTD, the company has executed more than 70 property transactions with an aggregate value exceeding €3.2 billion. Leimdörfer has a particularly strong market position in public transactions as financial adviser in 10 of the latest 18 public-to-private transactions of property companies on the Swedish stock market. For more information on Leimdörfer, please visit www.leimdorfer.com