LeoVegas AB: First quarter: 1 January-31 March 2016
Stock market introduction, strong growth and good profitability
First quarter: 1 January-31 March 2016
- Revenue grew 85.9% to EUR 29.5 m (15.9). Revenue was negatively affected by currency effects totalling EUR 0.5 m. Growth was entirely organic.
- Mobile deposits accounted for 61% (54%) of total.
- Customer deposits increased by 73% to EUR 80.5 m (46.5). The number of depositing customers was 121,615 (65,122), an increase of 87%.
- EBITDA amounted to EUR -1.3 m (0.2), corresponding to an EBITDA margin of -4.4% (1.0%). Earnings were charged with costs of SEK 5.3 m in connection with the company's Initial Public Offering. Adjusted for items affecting comparability of EUR 5.3 m, EBITDA was EUR 4.0 m (0.2), corresponding to an adjusted EBITDA margin of 13.5% (1.0%).
- Operating profit (EBIT) was EUR -1.6 m (0.0). Adjusted for items affecting comparability, operating profit was EUR 3.7 m (0.0), corresponding to an adjusted EBIT margin of 12.6%.
- Earnings per share were EUR -0.02 (-0.00).
Events during the first quarter
- LeoVegas was listed on Nasdaq First North Premier on 17 March 2016. The IPO gave rise to non-recurring items affecting comparability of EUR 5.3 m in first quarter earnings.
- Development of LeoVegas Sport with a view to attaining a leading product for mobile sports betting.
- Development of LeoVegas Live Casino, with a leading mobile offering for gaming.
- LeoVegas was launched in Canada, Slovakia and the Czechia.
- On 4 February 2016 an Extraordinary General Meeting was held in Stockholm, at which a number of resolutions were passed to prepare LeoVegas for its Initial Public Offering.
- At the International Gaming Awards, LeoVegas was named as Online Casino Operator of the Year. In addition, LeoVegas won another six, prestigious distinctions during the quarter, including Mobile Operator of the Year at the EGR Nordics Awards.
Events after the end of the quarter
- LeoVegas Sport was launched during May in selected markets.
09:00 today, the first quarter will be presented via a webcast conference call. The webcast can be reached via http://edge.media-server.com/m/p/h64th3wv
For further information, please contact:
Gustaf Hagman, Group CEO co-founder: +46 70-880 55 22, firstname.lastname@example.org
Viktor Fritzén, Group CFO: +46 73-612 26 67, email@example.com
Visitors address: Sveavägen 59, Stockholm
Corporate identity number: 556830-4033
About the LeoVegas mobile gaming group
LeoVegas' vision is to create the ultimate mobile gaming experience and be number one in mobile casino. The business is distinguished by award-winning innovation and strong growth. LeoVegas' technical development is conducted in Sweden, while operations are based in Malta. The Swedish parent company LeoVegas AB (publ) invests in companies that offer gaming via mobile devices and desktop computers along with companies that develop related technologies. LeoVegas has attracted major international acclaim and has won numerous awards, including "Nordic Operator of the year", "Mobile Marketing Campaign of the year", and "Innovation in Mobile and Tablet of the Year" at the international EGR Awards. LeoVegas bases its development on "Mobile First" and is at the forefront of using state-of-the-art technology in the mobile gaming market. With a foundation in a great gaming experience, long-term customer relationships and establishment of a strong brand, the company has attracted a steadily growing customer base through innovative, effective and data-driven marketing. Since its start, the mobile gaming company LeoVegas has shown strong quarter-on-quarter growth. LeoVegas' shares are listed on Nasdaq First North Premier. Avanza Bank AB is the company's Certified Adviser. For more about LeoVegas, visit www.leovegasgroup.com.