Interim report nine months
INTERIM REPORT NINE MONTHS
1 September 1998 - 31 May 1999
SALES INCREASED BY 12 PER CENT
* Sales in the first nine months of the financial year increased by 12.1 per
cent to SEK 2,685M (2,396). Lindex continued to take market shares on all
* Same-store sales rose by 5.9 per cent (2.8).
* Operating profit increased to SEK 195M (168) and profit after financial
items to SEK 201M (165).
* During the period, the charge to profit for establishing Lindex's fourth
market, Germany, amounted to SEK 54M (25) and is expected to amount to
approximately SEK 75M for the 1998/99 financial year. During the period, a
dissolution of SEK 3M was made of the provision for synthetic options (in the
previous year, a provision of SEK 28M was made).
* In the third quarter of the financial year, sales increased by 15 per
cent. Operating profit amounted to SEK 50M (17) and profit after financial
items to SEK 53M (16).
* In total, 19 (22) new stores were opened during the first nine months of
the financial year. An additional 5 stores will be opened during the remaining
part of the financial year.
* During the period, September 1998 - May 1999, 4 stores were opened in
Germany. As at 31 May 1999, there were 8 Lindex stores in Germany and an
additional 3 stores will be opened during the 1998/99 financial year.