The life and times of legendary football striker Ibrahimović brought to life on Mag+
Digital publishing platform Mag+ has captured the life and career of enigmatic A.C. Milan footballer Zlatan Ibrahimović like never before, in the first truly interactive biography app on iPad. The app’s release today coincides with Ibrahimović’s brief return to Britain as he travels with AC Milan to face Arsenal in the UEFA Champions League.
The app is published by Bonnierförlagen (http://www.bonnierforlagen.se/english/) and developed by Bonnier R&D http://www.bonnier.com/rd.
Using layered Mag+ architecture and rich media (http://www.magplus.com), the new app brings the reader up close and personal to Ibrahimović’s defining moments. Its launch augments publication of the bestselling autobiography I Am Zlatan Ibrahimović: My Story, released in print late last year. In the iPad version, images and video are integrated with text to offer a new kind of reading experience. A whole new dimension is added – literally – as the original text can now be read along geographical and chronological interactive storylines.
“I wanted to tell everyone my story and let fans understand where I come from. The app is a great way to do this. This is how I always wanted the story to be experienced,” says Ibrahimović.
Mag+ is poised to build on its digital publishing innovations. “This app shows just how much more interesting and immersive reading becomes with touchscreen tablets. We’re only beginning to harness the full potential of digital publishing, and Mag+ is thrilled to be driving future trends,” says Mag+ CEO Staffan Ekholm.
Unique features only available in the iPad biography:
- Timeline: explore the original text re-created as a chronological interactive storyline
- Geo stories: explore the story geographically on an interactive map or using the GPS of the iPad when travelling
- Stop-motion storytelling: interactive frame-by-frame studies of goals and tricks
- Tattoo stories: explore Ibrahimović’s tattoos interactively
- Dialogue storytelling: The first meeting with manager Mino Raiola
- Memorabilia gallery: close-up view of Ibrahimović’s boots through the years
- Statistics: career told in numbers with adjacent images
- Picture gallery: life outside of football
- Personal video introduction by Ibrahimović
- Unique behind-the-scenes interview with author David Lagercrantz on writing the text with Ibrahimović
NOTES TO EDITORS
Campaign page: http://www.iamzlatan.com
Link app store: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/i-am-zlatan/id499373930?ls=1&mt=8
Link to film: http://youtu.be/2JA5sMKt70A
About the story
The app is based on the rags to riches book I Am Zlatan Ibrahimović: My Story in which Ibrahimović tells the story of his childhood years in the suburbs of Malmö for the first time. In his own words, he describes the soccer dads from the rich side of town who tried to get him thrown out of Malmö FF, his struggles and the internal fighting at Ajax, the transfer to Juventus, his success in Italy and the gambling scandal that almost ruined his career. He discloses information about his relationships with previous England manager Fabio Cappello, Mourinho, Messi and Maldini. Ibrahimović also reveals details about his private life with wife Helena, their children and the privileged world of a famous footballer.
More about Mag+ for designers
Mag+’s simple InDesign-based magazine software puts full creative control in the hands of the designers, not the tech guys. Video, HTML5 elements and other interactive features are added directly in InDesign. Mag+ is the only digital publishing platform that offers instant fully functional layout review on the iPad and Samsung Galaxy Tab, which lets designers try new things and see immediately what the user experience will be. Mag+ offers a flexible and cost-efficient solution for getting your publication live on tablets: Free tools and a fully branded, feature-rich reader app. You only start to pay when you publish and can choose a monthly subscription or per-issue model. You can then go ahead and publish, using the powerful web-based backend to manage your users, issues and analytics. The magazine software’s built-in features include analytics from Omniture, Localytics or Flurry; in-app subscriptions; and Tapjoy, Admob and Appirator integration.
- App based on the book I Am Zlatan Ibrahimović: My Story by Zlatan Ibrahimović and author David Lagercrantz. The book has sold more than half a million copies so far, making it the best selling book in Swedish history.
- App published by Bonnier on the initiative of publisher Albert Bonniers Förlag and Mika Lepistö, Zlatan Ibrahimović's brand manager
- App concept development and creative direction by Bonnier R&D. http://bonnier.com/rd
- Production by Boom Publishing. http://www.boompublishing.se/
- Built on Mag+, a publishing platform developed by Bonnier, which premiered on the first iPads in April 2010 with the award winning Popular Science+. http://www.magplus.com/
For more information please contact:
Press contact UK: Nancy Prendergast or Lise Colyer, , , 0207-243-4440
For further information about the app, please contact
Sara Öhrvall, Bonnier R&D, +468-7364073