Major League Baseball Players Alumni Association Brings Legends for Youth Baseball Clinic Series to Italy
Free youth baseball clinic to feature Todd Haney, Terrence Long and Desi Relaford
Colorado Springs, Colo. – Italian youth will have an opportunity to play with their big league heroes at the Major League Baseball Players Alumni Association (MLBPAA) Legends for Youth baseball clinic series. The MLBPAA’s first trip to Italy since the Legends for Youth baseball clinic series’ induction will feature MLB veterans Todd Haney, Terrence Long and Desi Relaford. Haney spent time with the Expos, Cubs and Mets, mainly as a second baseman during his five-year career. Relaford’s career spanned 11 seasons, playing almost every position, missing only catcher and first base. Long was a member of the 2000 Topps All-Star Rookie Team and compiled 824 hits during his 8-year MLB career.* The clinics and autograph sessions will occur from Monday, June 13th through Tuesday, June 21st, as listed below.
The clinics will take place across the country at various venues. Clinicians will train at stations including pitching, catching, base running and life skills for approximately 200 local youth ages 6 – 16. The clinics will conclude with an autograph session and baseball giveaways for children in attendance.
Full Clinic Schedule (All times listed in Central European Summer Time):
- Monday, June 13: Legends for Youth Clinic in Milan, Italy held at JF Kennedy Baseball Stadium, home of Milano Baseball 1946, from 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 14: Legends for Youth Clinic in Parma, Italy held at Aldo Notari Baseball Clover, from 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 15: Legends for Youth Clinic in Bologna, Italy held at Gianni Falchi Baseball Stadium, home of Baseball Fortitudo Bologna, from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Friday, June 17: Legends for Youth Clinic in Rimini, Italy held at Pirates Stadium, home of the Rimini Pirates, from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Monday, June 20: Legends for Youth Clinic in Florence, Italy held at Cerreti Baseball Stadium, home of the Florentina Baseball Club, from 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 21: Legends for Youth Clinic in Rome, Italy held at Acqua Acesto Olympic Center, from 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
*Clinicians subject to change.
About The Major League Baseball Players Alumni Association (MLBPAA)
MLBPAA was founded in 1982 with the mission of promoting baseball, raising money for charity and protecting the dignity of the game through its Alumni players. The MLBPAA is headquartered in Colorado Springs, CO with a membership of more than 7,600, of which approximately 5,600 are Alumni and active players. Alumni players find the MLBPAA to be a vital tool to become involved in charity and community philanthropy. Follow @MLBPAA for Twitter updates.
About Legends for Youth Clinics
MLBPAA’s Legends for Youth clinics impact more than 15,000 children each year, allowing them the unique opportunity to interact with and learn from players who have left a lasting impact on the game of baseball. The MLBPAA has reached children across America and internationally in Australia, Canada, Curaçao, the Dominican Republic, Germany, Nicaragua, the United Kingdom and Venezuela, through the Legends for Youth clinic series. To donate to this program, visit baseballalumni.com/donate. The official hashtag of the Legends for Youth clinic series is #LFYClinic.