Major League Baseball Players Alumni Association Brings Legends for Youth Baseball Clinic Series to ChinaFree youth baseball clinic to feature Mike Gallo and Rene Gonzalez
Colorado Springs, Colo. – Chinese youth will have an opportunity to play with their big league heroes at the Major League Baseball Players Alumni Association (MLBPAA) Legends for Youth baseball clinic series. The MLBPAA’s second trip to China since the Legends for Youth baseball clinic series’ inception will feature MLB veterans Mike Gallo and Rene Gonzalez. Gallo’s career spanned four seasons as a pitcher for the Houston Astros. Gonzalez spent time with the Expos, Orioles, Blue Jays, Angels, Indians, Rangers and Rockies as an infielder during his 13-year career. The clinics and autograph sessions will occur from Thursday, November 2nd through Wednesday, November 8th, as listed below.
The clinics will take place across the country at various venues. Clinicians will train at different instructional stations for approximately 200 local youth ages 6 – 16. The clinics will conclude with an autograph session for children in attendance.
Full Clinic Schedule (All times listed in Beijing Time):
- Thursday, November 2: Legends for Youth Clinic in Beijing, China held at Kaiwen Academy, from 3:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Friday, November 3: Legends for Youth Clinic in Jiangsu, China held at Nanjing MLB Development Center, from 2:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Saturday, November 4: Legends for Youth Clinic in Wuxi, China held at New District Middle School, from 10:00 a.m. to 11:15 a.m.
- Saturday, November 4: Legends for Youth Clinic in Wuxi, China held at Wuxi Development Center, from 12:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Sunday, November 5: Legends for Youth Clinic in Suzhou, China held at Amigo Baseball Club/Suzhou MLB Learning Center, from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Tuesday, November 7: Legends for Youth Clinic in Chengdu, China held at Bang Sport, from 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 8: Legends for Youth Clinic in Chongqing, China held at Renmin Primary School, from 3:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
About The Major League Baseball Players Alumni Association (MLBPAA)
MLBPAA was founded in 1982 with the mission of promoting baseball, raising money for charity and protecting the dignity of the game through its Alumni players. The MLBPAA is headquartered in Colorado Springs, CO with a membership of more than 7,800, of which approximately 6,100 are Alumni and active players. Alumni players find the MLBPAA to be a vital tool to become involved in charity and community philanthropy. Follow @MLBPAA for Twitter, Facebook and Instagram updates.
About Legends for Youth Clinics
MLBPAA’s Legends for Youth clinics impact more than 16,000 children each year, allowing them the unique opportunity to interact with and learn from players who have left a lasting impact on the game of baseball. The MLBPAA has reached children across America and internationally in Australia, Canada, Curaçao, the Dominican Republic, Germany, Italy, Nicaragua, the United Kingdom and Venezuela, through the Legends for Youth clinic series. To donate to this program, visit baseballalumni.com/donate. The official hashtag of the Legends for Youth clinic series is #LFYClinic.