Major League Baseball Players Alumni Association Brings Legends for Youth Baseball Clinic Series to Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico and Nicaragua
Free youth baseball clinics to feature MLB Alumni
Colorado Springs, Colo. – Local youth will have an opportunity to play with their big league heroes when the Major League Baseball Players Alumni Association (MLBPAA) Legends for Youth baseball clinic series heads to the Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico and Nicaragua on Saturday, November 8th through Sunday, November 16th, 2014. The free clinics feature former Major League Baseball players who will teach baseball skills, drills and life lessons for approximately 300 local youth per clinic. These clinics will reach approximately 2,400 children in Latin America.
The following clinics will take place throughout the week:
- Saturday, Nov. 8th: Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic –Estadio Quisqueya, 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Sunday, Nov. 9th: La Romana, Dominican Republic – Estadio Francisco A. Micheli, 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Wednesday, Nov. 12th: La Florida, Puerto Rico – Carlos Beltran Baseball Academy, 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Thursday, Nov. 13th: Caguas, Puerto Rico – Alex Cora Baseball Academy, 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Saturday, Nov. 15th: Tola, Nicaragua – Ford Family Foundation Community Development Center, 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Sunday, Nov. 16th: Tola, Nicaragua – Ford Family Foundation Community Development Center, 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Alumni players will train at stations including pitching, catching, baserunning and life skills. Registration will begin 30 minutes prior to each clinic. The events will conclude with an autograph session for children in attendance.
For more information regarding the clinic, please contact Nikki Warner, Director of Communications, at (719) 477-1870, ext. 105 or visit www.baseballalumni.com.
About The Major League Baseball Players Alumni Association (MLBPAA)
MLBPAA was founded in 1982 with the mission of promoting baseball, raising money for charity and protecting the dignity of the game through its Alumni players. The MLBPAA is headquartered in Colorado Springs, CO with a membership of more than 6,900, of which approximately 5,300 are Alumni and active players. Alumni players find the MLBPAA to be a vital tool to become involved in charity and community philanthropy. Follow @MLBPAA for Twitter updates.
About Legends for Youth Clinics
MLBPAA’s Legends for Youth clinics impact more than 15,000 children each year, allowing them the unique opportunity to interact with and learn from players who have left a lasting impact on the game of baseball. The MLBPAA has reached children across America and internationally in Australia, Canada, the Dominican Republic, Nicaragua, the United Kingdom and Venezuela, through the Legends for Youth clinic series. To donate to this program, visit baseballalumni.com/donate. The official hashtag of the Legends for Youth clinic series is #LFYClinic.