Author/Actress Mara Purl Announces August 2011 Blog Tour
Readers of Women’s Fiction Can Download Free Mara Purl Short Story During August
(New York, NY – July 27, 2011) - Mara Purl launches her book, What the Heart Knows, in September 2011 with a Hardcover Edition published by BelleKeep Books in association with Midpoint Trade Books. Purl will be visiting many of the top Internet venues for book enthusiasts during the month of August – and there are many specials for readers including a free download of her Milford-Haven Single entitled When Hummers Dream.
Days of Our Lives actress-turned author Mara Purl is rapidly becoming one of the most successful women’s fiction authors in the U.S. Her book, What the Heart Knows, hits the market in September---as both hardcover and e-book. But, still some may not be familiar with her writing. Enter the Milford-Haven Single with its first short story entitled When Hummers Dream.
“People are reading more than ever—and on every possible platform,” Purl observes. “We read on our phones, computers, paperbacks, magazine, hardcovers, and now that e-readers have such great design and functionality, we carry our favorite books and authors everywhere we go. Yet, how do we find a new author? This is where a free or low cost e-book sample can open an exciting new door.”
Purl goes on to explain, “My new e-book will be available on Kindle from Amazon, but I am branding it a Milford-Haven Single because it’ll also be available on Nook from Barnes & Noble, and on all e-reading platforms. I think it’s a wonderful idea and it opens an entirely new market for books.”
The Mara Purl 2011 Blog Tour Dates (as of July 27, 2011)
- August 1 – Katy Sullivan --- www.KatySullivan.com
- August 3 – Romance Junkies Blog - www.RomanceJunkiesBlog
- August 8 – Kathy Holmes --- http://flipflopsandfabs.blogspot.com
- August 9 – Betty Carlton --- http://bettyandfriends-wip.blogspot.com/2011_06_01_archive.html
- August 10 - Barbara Mead - www.ReadingGroupChoices.com
- August 13 – Joyce Lohse - Writers of the West author --- http://www.Joyce4Books.wordpress.com
- August 15 – Mike Parker – Entertainment Examiner - www.examiner.com/x-585-entertainment-examiner
- August 16 – Lori Hansen – Interview Live Learn2Balance -- http://learn2balance.com/
- August 17 – Vera Badertscher – A Traveler’s Library -- http://atravelerslibrary.com/
- August 18 - All Things Fulfilling - http://www.allthingsfulfilling.wordpress.com/tag/cornerstone-fulfillment-service/
- August 19 – Dad of Divas - dadofdivas-reviews.blogspot.com
- August 22 - Maria Micolucci - www.GirlfriendBooks.com
- August 23 – Sue Leonard – All Things Fulfilling - http://allthingsfulfilling.wordpress.com
- August 25 – Charlotte Hill --- Boomer Brief - www.BoomerBrief.com
- August 26 - Linda Naylor - http://lindanaylor.featuredblog.com/
- August 27 – Heidi Thomas - Blood Red Pencil - http://bloodredpencil.blogspot.com/2011/07/grammar-abcs-c-is-for-comma.html
- August 28 - Betty's Blogging Place - http://bettysbloggingplace.blogspot.com
Note: More Updated dates. More blogs stops are being planned, so check back often for the latest schedule.
The title of Purl’s first Milford-Haven Single is When Hummers Dream. It's a short story …which happens to take place in August. Additionally, she has added more as a bonus for the reader.
“The story features my protagonist, artist Miranda Jones, in my favorite little coastal town of Milford-Haven,” says Purl. “The story involves Miranda and a hummingbird she paints after he gets in trouble. Also included in the Milford-Haven Single will be the Prologue and Chapter 1 of What the Heart Knows, so you'll get a jump on the novel.”
Amazon.com defines the Kindle Single in a recent release, “… in many cases, 5,000 to 30,000 words (roughly 30 to 90 pages) might be the perfect, natural length to lay out a single killer idea, well researched, well argued and well illustrated — whether it’s a business lesson, a political point of view, a scientific argument, or a beautifully crafted essay on a current event (or literary short fiction).”
"What the Heart Knows is the kind of novel you can curl up with while you enjoy getting to know the different people in the central California town of Milford-Haven, as well as getting to know the town itself. Mara Purl is a skillful storyteller who has written a charming and tantalizing saga about the ways in which lives can intersect and be forever changed. The first novel in the saga, What the Heart Knows, is not-to-be-missed." - Margaret Coel, New York Times best-selling author of The Wind River Mysteries.
“Mara Purl's "What the Heart Knows" is a first class novel by a very talented writer with strong believable characters, a rapid pace delivery of story, and very tight writing that make this novel such a delight to read. Purl and Milford-Haven are off to a great start. I look forward to seeing other titles in this impressive series.” - Gary Roen, nationally syndicated book reviewer
“Mara Purl tells stories from the heart. Don’t miss her Milford-Haven Novels.” – Kathy (Mrs. Louis) L’Amour.
“Don’t read Mara Purl’s Milford-Haven series—unless you want to be captivated!” Nichelle Nichols, Best-Selling Author of “Beyond Uhura–Star Trek Memories.”
About the Author Mara Purl:
- Mara Purl was a performer on-camera and on-stage, with her regular character on Days Of Our Lives having been her starting point for soap opera.
- Purl began her writing career as a journalist for the Associated Press, Rolling Stone, The Financial Times of London, Working Woman Magazine, and The Christian Science Monitor. A prolific fiction author, she also has written a play and several non-fiction books including Act Right: A Manual for the On-Camera Actor with actress Erin Gray.
- Other Awards include: for radio, the New York Festivals Award; for her play Mary Shelley: In Her Own Words, the Peak Award; and for public service, Woman of the Year 2002 by the Los Angeles County Commission for Women.
- Mara Purl is also an accomplished musician. Her instrument is the koto and she recorded and has played on the international stage with many noteworthy musicians including the works Sumahama recorded with Mike Love and the Beach Boys, Pathless Path recorded with Charles Lloyd, Koto Keys with Marilyn Harris, and Teiji Ito’s Watermill recorded with Grammy-winning musician Steve Gorn.
- The hit song “Jet Laggin” she co-wrote with Marilyn Harris is in current release on the new CD Orphans.
Dianemarie (DM) Collins
DM Productions LLC
(623).825.9122 Ext. 2 - Email: DM@DMProductionsLLC.com
Phoenix - Lake Tahoe - Reno
Author - Actress - Motivational Speaker