YEAR-END REPORT JANUARY-DECEMBER 2017
- Revenue increased by 15.2% to €152.7m (€132.5m). Organic revenue grew by 12.6%.
- Operating profit amounted to €7.8m (€3.9m), representing an operating margin of 5.1% (2.9%).
- Net profit amounted to €9.2m (€1.7m), which represents a net profit margin of 6.0% (1.3%).
- Cash flow from operating activities amounted to €17.3m (€7.3m).
- Basic/diluted earnings per share (EPS) was €0.067 (€0.008).
- EBITDA increased by 28.1% to €14.6m (€11.4m), corresponding to an EBITDA margin of 9.6% (8.6%).
- Revenue increased by 16.7% to €580.2m (€497.3m). Organic revenue grew by 14.5%.
- Net profit amounted to €20.2m (€6.5m), which represents a net profit margin of 3.5% (1.3%).
- EBITDA increased by 24.2% to €55.0m (€44.3m), corresponding to an EBITDA margin of 9.5% (8.9%). Excluding IPO costs expensed, EBITDA increased by 27.5% to €56.5m a margin of 9.7%.
- Number of members increased by 15.2% reaching 1,024K members at 31 December 2017 (889K). Number of lab tests increased by 7.8% reaching 124.0m (115.0m) for the year.
- The Board of Directors proposes that no dividend be paid for the 2017 financial year.
With this release, Medicover also announces another investment of €4.1m into MaxCure, which in addition to the €2.6m in January will bring Medicover’s holding to 30.5%.
REVENUE AND EARNINGS
|€ millions (€m)||Q4 2017||Q4 2016||Growth||FY 2017||FY 2016||Growth|
|Operating profit margin, %||5.1%||2.9%||5.0%||3.5%|
|Net profit margin, %||6.0%||1.3%||3.5%||1.3%|
|Earnings per share, €||0.067||0.008||N/M||0.157||0.046||241%|
|Diluted earnings per share, €||0.067||0.008||N/M||0.157||0.045||249%|
|EBITDA margin, %1||9.6%||8.6%||9.5%||8.9%|
 For Alternative Performance Measure definitions and reconciliations, refer to note 11
This information is information that Medicover AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out below, at 8.00 (CET) on 9 February 2018. This interim report and other information about Medicover, is available at medicover.com
For further information, please contact:
Paula Treutiger, Corporate Communications & Investor Relations, Director
Phone: +46-73-66 6599
Medicover is a leading international healthcare and diagnostic services company and was founded in 1995. Medicover operates a large number of ambulatory clinics, hospitals, specialty-care facilities and laboratories and the largest markets are Poland and Germany. In 2016, Medicover had revenues around €0.5 billion and 14,400 employees. For more information, go to www.medicover.com