Medivir Announces Acceptance of Four TMC435 Abstracts for Presentation at the EASL meeting
- Including an Oral Presentation of final analysis of the TMC435 phase IIb ASPIRE (C206) study that have been selected to be highlighted during the official EASL Press Office activities
Huddinge – Medivir AB (OMX: MVIR), a research-based specialty pharmaceutical company focused on infectious diseases, today announces that four abstracts related to its once daily (QD), oral investigational hepatitis C drug TMC435, development in collaboration with Janssen R&D Ireland, have been accepted for presentation at the 47th Annual meeting of the European Association for the Study of the Liver (EASL), taking place from April 18-22 in Barcelona, Spain.
The following abstracts will be presented orally:
- TMC435 IN PATIENTS INFECTED WITH HCV GENOTYPE 1 WHO HAVE FAILED PREVIOUS PEGYLATED INTERFERON / RIBAVIRIN TREATMENT:
VIROLOGIC ANALYSES OF THE ASPIRE TRIAL
- TMC435 IN HCV GENOTYPE 1 PATIENTS WHO HAVE FAILED PREVIOUS PEGYLATED INTERFERON / RIBAVIRIN TREATMENT:
FINAL SVR24 RESULTS OF THE ASPIRE TRIAL
- COMPARISON OF TWO QUANTITATIVE HCV RNA ASSAYS IN SAMPLES FROM PATIENTS TREATED WITH A PROTEASE INHIBITOR-BASED THERAPY:
IMPLICATIONS FOR RESPONSE GUIDED THERAPY
The following abstract will be presented as a poster:
- ABSENCE OF PHOTOSENSITIVITY POTENTIAL OF TMC435 IN HEALTHY VOLUNTEERS
The abstracts will be available on the EASL website, www.easl.eu as of today
For more information about Medivir, please contact:
|Medivir Rein Piir, EVP Corporate Affairs & IR||Mobile: +46 708 537 292|
Europe: Mary-Jane Elliott, Amber Bielecka, Hollie Vile
+44(0)20 7920 2330
Medivir is an emerging research-based specialty pharmaceutical company focused on the development of high-value treatments for infectious diseases. Medivir has world class expertise in polymerase and protease drug targets and drug development which has resulted in a strong infectious disease R&D portfolio. The Company’s key pipeline asset is TMC435, a novel protease inhibitor in phase III clinical development for hepatitis C that is being developed in collaboration with Janssen Pharmaceuticals.
In June 2011, Medivir acquired the specialty pharmaceutical company BioPhausia to ensure timely commercialisation of TMC435 in the Nordic markets, once approved.
Medivir’s first product, the unique cold sore product Xerese®/Xerclear®, was launched on the US market in 2011. Xerese®/Xerclear®, which has been approved in both the US and Europe, is being launched in collaboration with GlaxoSmithKline to be sold OTC in Europe, Japan and Russia. Rights in North America, Canada and Mexico were sold to Meda AB in June 2011. Medivir has retained the Rx rights for Xerclear® in Sweden and Finland.
For more information about Medivir, please visit the Company’s website: www.medivir.com