MEDLINE LAUNCHES NEW INNOVATIVE OR SAFETY SOLUTIONS AT 60th ANNUAL AORN CONGRESS
Company introduces new products to improve OR efficiency, combat pediatric hypothermia and enhance staff safety
MUNDELEIN, ILL., March 1, 2013 — From products to improve staff safety, combat hypothermia in children and reduce waste in the operating room (OR), to new packaging systems designed to increase the efficiency in the OR, Medline Industries, Inc. is introducing a number of innovative solutions designed to improve OR safety at the 60th Annual Association of periOperative Registered Nurses (AORN) Congress kicking off in San Diego, Calif., this weekend. AORN Congress is the largest gathering of OR nurses in the world.
“Preventing medical errors and improving the quality of care is our paramount goal,” said Kim Haines, RN, certified OR Nurse, vice president of clinical resources for Medline. “Through extensive customer insights, research and new technologies, we have developed several new solutions to help OR staff improve efficiency and enhance patient safety and outcomes.”
Among the new products Medline (Booth #2710) will introduce and demonstrate at AORN next week are:
- EMPOWER Packaging System – an innovative surgical procedure pack identification system to help improve OR efficiency, eliminate waste and enhance patient safety. The system features easy-to-read, color-coded outer packing labels and matching color-coded insert forms that easily identify each pack and reduce the chance of selecting the wrong pack.
- PerfecTemp™ Pediatric — PerfecTemp Pediatric OR table pad uniquely incorporates both pressure-reducing high-tech material to reduce the incidence of pressure ulcers and a warming system to combat hypothermia in younger patients.
- Vaso-Force™ SQ DVT prophylaxis pumps and garments — Medline’s newest compression therapy solution for deep vein thrombosis (DVT). Medline is the only company to offer all three of the most common compression solutions: intermittent, sequential and static non-mechanical compression withEMS compression stockings. Medline’s air compression garments are lined with tricot, a soft and breathable knit material that helps promote compliance.
- “See Green For Safety” Double Glove Program – Medline’s “See Green For Safety” campaign promotes the use of using two gloves in the operating room to decrease the chance of cross contamination risks during surgery. Medline’s specially designed Sensicare® Green and Triumph® Green undergloves alert the wearer that it’s time to change gloves when the outer glove (usually a light color) has been punctured and the contrasting color of the dark green underglove is clearly seen.
- Sterillium® Rub Fragrance-Free Surgical Scrub – Featuring exceptionally high ethyl alcohol content (85%), Sterillium Rub provides best-in-class surgical hand antisepsis. It’s formulated to excel in safety and efficiency, while being exceptionally kind to skin, which can help improve hand hygiene compliance.
- Gold Standard Safety Program – Medline’s Gold Standard products help break down the barriers in safety compliance by providing the surgical team with simple, easy-to-use products that will help achieve safety initiatives, including: prevention of wrong-site surgery, sharps safety and biohazard fluid management.
- greensmart™ for healthcare – Medline's greensmart products and services can help hospitals implement successful green initiatives that will result in cost savings, happier employees, increased patient satisfaction and a healthier community.
About Medline’s OR Solutions
Medline started as an OR solutions provider more than 100 years ago when the company’s founder got his start in health care by making surgeon’s gowns and was the innovator responsible for changing OR gowns from white to blue to reduce the uncomfortable glare from OR lights. Since then, Medline has built an entire suite of OR solutions that focus on solving the critical problems that cost hospitals more money.
As the nation's largest privately held manufacturer and distributor of health care and surgical products, Medline manufactures and distributes more than 350,000 products to hospitals, extended care facilities, surgery centers, physician offices, home care agencies and providers, and retailers. Recently named one of the nation’s "Best and Brightest Companies to Work for,” Medline is headquartered inMundelein,Ill. and has more than 1,100 dedicated sales representatives nationwide to support its broad product line and cost management services.
# # #
John Marks, (847) 643-3309