When eight is enough, the New AMX Enova DGX 8 is ideal for smaller Digital Media Switching applications
11th March 2013 - London – AMX, one of the world’s leading home automation and integration solution providers, has announced the launch of the Enova DGX 8 Digital Media Switcher Enclosure. Providing up to 8 inputs and 8 outputs (8x8), the DGX 8 Digital Media Switcher Enclosure (AVS-ENOVADGX8-ENC) boasts all of the functionality and capability of the now legendary Enova DGX family. The latest addition to this award-winning product line, the DGX 8, with its compact form factor, is ideal for smaller commercial or residential installations requiring the highest quality audio and video to be shared between 8 local or remote AV sources and destinations.
Just like its older Enova siblings, the DGX 16 and DGX 32, the DGX 8 includes all of the features and capabilities that have made DGX a household name in digital media switching. This includes an integrated NetLinx Controller, redundant power supplies and the ability to be populated with Enova DGX video input and output boards and optional audio insert/extract boards for a maximum matrix of 8x8. And, because the same input and output boards are compatible with all three Enova DGX models (8, 16 and 32); designing, ordering and using all three models is easy, efficient and simple.
In addition to the Enova DGX 8, AMX has also announced that the Enova DGX 16 and 32 Enclosures have just been upgraded with enhanced 850 watt (DGX 16) and 1,200 watt (DGX 32) redundant power supplies. The additional on demand power will allow these enclosures to power even more DXLink devices remotely using AMX Power over DXLink - all without additional power supplies, power connections or installation time. The new Enova DGX 8 also includes the new 850 watt power supply as standard.
The Enova DGX’s inherent simplicity and ease of use, a key requirement for the new Enova DGX 8, was put to the test during the recent AMX Enova DGX Challenge: Unpowered to Perfectly Scaled HDMI/HDCP Video in Under 60 Seconds. The challenge, which was captured on video, was completed by a technician who was so impressed with how easy it was to use, summed his experience up in just a two words: “Very simple.” See the results for yourself, by watching the Enova DGX Challenge. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rg663WzHdlw.
DGX 8 Features
- InstaGate Pro Technology – Easily integrate HDCP into system designs and enjoy hassle-free matrix switching to all compliant displays. No tools, no delays, and no key constraints – it just works
- SmartScale Technology – Automatically responds to the display's declared EDID information and scales the video to the best resolution and video parameters for that display without manual setup; this prevents inferior video quality when sources are forced to lower resolutions to support the least capable display in the system
- DXLink Twisted Pair Input and Output Boards – HDCP Compliant boards send audio, video, control, Ethernet and power over one standard twisted pair cable up to 200 m – 100 m to the matrix switcher and 100 m after the matrix switcher, see the Cabling for Success with DXLink white paper for more details
- Built-in NetLinx Controller – Easily program and manage the entire solution including source equipment and display devices located across multiple rooms – all from a single point of control
- Easily Convert Analogue to Digital Signals – Use legacy analogue sources with the Enova DGX and automatically convert their signals to digital
- Hot Swappable Video Input / Output Boards – Easily add or replace I/O boards at any time after deployment - the system automatically recognizes the new configuration and activates the boards
- Audio Insert / Extract Boards – Add audio from a local source or breakaway embedded audio and send to a separate audio system to distribute throughout an environment
- Fibre Input and Output Boards – Use in conjunction with DGX Fibre Transmitters and Receivers to send analogue and digital audio and video* over fibre
- 3D Support** – Pass through latest video formats including 3D and Deep Color
- Surround Sound Support – Pass through high definition surround sound including Dolby Digital, DTS and up to 8-channel L-PCM at 32 kHz, 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 96 kHz, 192 kHz
- High Speed Digital Switching – 12.8 Gbps ensures perfect pixel for pixel reproduction of video
- Fully Redundant Power Supplies With Independent Power Paths – Ensures maximum reliability for applications that require 24/7 uptime
*Fibre input and output boards provide support for non-HDCP signals only
**This feature will be available upon release of a future firmware update
The DGX 8 Digital Media Switcher Enclosure (AVS-ENOVADGX8-ENC) is available now from AMX and supported reseller partners. For further product information, visit - http://www.amx.com/products/AVS-ENOVADGX8-ENC.asp
AMX hardware and software solutions simplify the implementation, maintenance, and use of technology to create effective environments. There are an increasing number of technologies and operating platforms at work and home, AMX solves the complexity of managing this technology with reliable, consistent and scalable systems. Our award-winning products span control and automation, system-wide switching and audio/video signal distribution, digital signage and technology management. They are implemented worldwide in conference rooms, homes, classrooms, network operation / command centres, hotels, entertainment venues, broadcast facilities, among others. AMX was founded in 1982 and is a member of the Duchossois Group of Companies. For more information, visit www.amx.com/eu.
For further information, interview requests, images or case studies, please contact Andy napthine of Napthine Porter on 07920 425166 / email@example.com or Alan Porter on 07922 073208 / firstname.lastname@example.org