Interim report January–March 2013
Weak quarter, especially in Europe
- Incoming orders amounted to SEK 683.2m (493.7), which adjusted is a decrease by 1.7 %*.
- Net sales amounted to SEK 614.5m (505.9), which adjusted is a decrease by 10.3 %*.
- Operating profit excluding acquisition and restructuring costs was SEK 16.7m (36.7). The adjusted operating margin was 2.7% (7.3).
- Operating profit was SEK -3.8m (29.8). The operating margin was -0.6% (5.9).
- Operating profit was affected by 20.0m in restructuring costs (5.0) and 0.5m in acquisitions costs (1.9)
- Net result was SEK -8.2m (18.7).
- Earnings per share were SEK -0.70 (1.60).
* adjusted for currency effects and acquisitions
“In Q1 we saw a continued difficult market in Europe. Economic and political uncertainty means that our customers are delaying and holding back their investment decisions. Performance in the Americas is underpinned by positive development, although decision processes for larger investments continue to take a long time. During the quarter, Asia Pacific reported favourable progress for incoming orders, and continued good development can be expected.
The decisions we have taken – closure of the factory at Assens, starting up operations at the new factory in Thailand and the acquisition of EFT, which reduces our dependence on Europe – are intended to balance the previously described development and will strengthen Nederman’s position and competitive edge. We will continue to focus on increasing efficiency, especially in our European organization”
Sven Kristensson, CEO
Further information can be obtained from
Sven Kristensson, CEO Stefan Fristedt, CFO
Telephone +46 (0)42-18 87 00 Telephone +46 (0)42-18 87 00
e-mail: email@example.com e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information, see Nederman’s website www.nederman.com
Nederman Holding AB (publ),
Box 602, SE-251 06 Helsingborg, Sweden
Telephone +46 (0)42-18 87 00, Telefax +46 (0)42-18 77 11
Co. Reg. No. 556576-4205
Nederman is required to disclose the information provided herein according to the Swedish Securities Exchange and Clearing Operations Act and/or the Financial Instrument Trading Act. The information was submitted for publication on 29 April 2013 at 4 p.m.