Nobina year-end report march 2015–february 2016
NOBINA PROPOSES A DIVIDEND OF SEK 2.60, EQUAL TO A DIVIDEND YIELD OF 7.3 PER CENT
• Net sales of SEK 2,161 million (1,905), an increase of 13.4 per cent.
• Operating profit amounted to SEK 58 million (41).
• Profit after tax of SEK 8 million (–11), and earnings per share of SEK 0.09 (–0.20).
• The cash flow from operations was SEK 389 million (375).
THE FINANCIAL YEAR 1 MARCH 2015–29 FEBRUARY 2016
• Record net sales and profit before IPO costs.
• Net sales rose by 10.2 per cent, to SEK 8,317 million (7,549).
• Adjusted operating profit increased by 24.5 per cent to SEK 462 million (371) before IPO costs of SEK 204 million. Operating profit was SEK 258 million (371) after IPO costs.
• Adjusted profit before tax, EBT, amounted to SEK 299 million (141) before IPO costs and bond redemption costs of SEK 297 million.
• Earnings per share of SEK 0.04 (1.50).
• The cash flow from operations was affected by non-recurring items of SEK –204 million2) and amounted to SEK 850 million (964).
IMPORTANT EVENTS IN THE FOURTH QUARTER
• In December, Nobina won traffic contracts in Helsinki involving a total of 94 buses and worth almost SEK 1.4 billion over the contract period.
• In February, Nobina won a contract involving a further 13 buses in Helsinki.
• During the fourth quarter, Nobina established the innovation company, Nobina Technology AB.
IMPORTANT EVENTS SINCE THE END OF THE PERIOD
• The final instance decided the previously appealed contract awarded regarding traffic in Borås in favour of the PTA Västtrafik. As a consequence, Västtrafik can award the traffic to Nobina and in April 2017 Nobina will start traffic in Borås with at least 50 buses.
Nobina presents all-time high figures for the year as a whole, which is well in line with our expectations and financial targets. Net sales increased by 10.2 per cent and, despite major traffic starts in the past year, we have significantly improved our underlying1) margin before tax to 3.6 per cent (1.9). Underlying1) profit before tax amounted to SEK 299 million (141).
Nobina is approaching the end of its first year as a listed company and we are extremely pleased with the positive reception we received in conjunction with our IPO on NASDAQ Stockholm. 2015/2016 has been an eventful year in several ways: contract wins in Sweden and Finland were a pleasing feature, at the same time as major traffic starts were carried out in, among other cities, Stockholm, Oslo and Helsinki. More than 600 buses were delivered during the year and traffic starts took place in our new contracts. Thanks to our continuous work on vehicle optimisation, Nobina’s fleet continues to be in extremely good condition. The establishment of the innovation company, Nobina Technology, is yet another of the important events during the year which, in the long term, will strengthen our market offering.
The board has proposed to the annual general meeting a dividend for 2015/2016 of SEK 2.60 per share, which is in line with our communicated dividend policy.
Finally, I wish to thank our committed employees for their endeavours during the year which have resulted in Nobina’s customer satisfaction rating reaching record high levels within several of our transport areas.
I would also like to take the opportunity to welcome close to 7,000 new shareholders to Nobina.
President and CEO
For further information, please contact:
Ragnar Norbäck, President and CEO +46 8-410 65 000
Per Skärgård, CFO +46 8-410 65 056
Ingrid Håkanson, Head of Investor Relations +46 8-410 65 051
The Nobina group is the largest bus passenger transport company in the Nordic region. The operations include contractual regional traffic in Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Finland as well as independently operated interregional traffic through Swebus. The Nobina group has annual sales above SEK 8 billion, operates more than 3,500 buses and, with more than 300 million passenger journeys per year, is one of the major passenger transport companies in northern Europe. For more information, please see www.nobina.com.