Nokian Heavy Tyres: Product news and Fingerprint 2/2009 - Magazine for the forerunners in special tyres
1. Steel-belted Nokian ELS Radial: Better durability and load-bearing capacity for massive trailers
The Nokian ELS Radial customised for use in large farming machinery, trailers and slurry tanks is now also available in sizes featuring a steel belt.
Read more: http://www.nokianheavytyres.com/news_item?id=15808117
2. More agility for Rubber Tyred Gantry (RTG) Cranes
The new Nokian RTG 18.00-25 adds more agility to the eight-wheel RTG cranes. RTG cranes move heavy containers, and their wheels typically feature stationary turning which demands high power from actuators. The structure and tread pattern of the new tyre are optimised for RTG harbour cranes.
Read more: http://www.nokianheavytyres.com/news_item?id=15808253
3. Tire Pressure LED – Brilliant but simple low pressure indicator
The indicator is a simple and inexpensive solution to monitoring tyre inflation pressures. The indicator is fixed on a valve. If inflation pressure of forestry tyre decreases by 0,6 bar the led indicator starts to flash. In forestry rims the valve is protected with metal and nylon parts. Metal part is a tube with thread welded to rim. The nylon cap can be threaded into metal part to cover and keep valve clean, free form dirt and water. Often the cap is black. This is replaced by a white transparent cork. When the inflation pressure drops below the warning level, a red LED light is activated. After this alarm, the tyre should be inflated back to the recommended inflation pressure.
– We have collected test results and comments and now we have good understanding of how the pressure indicator operates in forestry machines. In fact we have by end of the year three different indicators to be offered to three different environments: agriculture, forestry and material handling including harbour and mining sector, says Petri Karvo, Sales Manager of Nokian Heavy Tyres.
Read more: http://www.nokianheavytyres.com/news_item?id=15391517
4. New Fingerprint magazine has been published: Respecting the environment
Nokian Heavy Tyres´ new Fingerprint magazine 2/2009 has been published in English, German, Russian and Finnish.
In this issue:
* European Tour 2009. Profiteam Holzer and Nokian Forest Rider
More than 9,000 kilometres and work demonstrations around Europe. The destinations sound familiar from tourist guides: Budapest, Bucharest, Sofia, Thessaloniki, Jönköping, Vilnius.
* Respecting the environment
The environmentally sound technology used at Nokian Heavy Tyres helps improve cost-efficiency. Developing and producing cutting-edge properties requires persistent testing and hard work, both in the actual operating environments and in laboratory conditions.
* Fritz Obermaier, AGCO Fendt, Sales Director Special Applications“As a supplier of premium tractors, we also appreciate quality and superior performance in tyres”
* Pressure indicator on guard: The red giant in the wolves´ nest
Read more: http://www.nokianheavytyres.com/files/nkr_raskaat/fingerprints/NokianHeavyTyres_Fingerprint_2_2009_EN.pdf
5. Expansion in the environmentally friendly flotation radial tyre selection: Efficiency for versatile trailer use
Nokian Heavy Tyres is expanding its offering of environmentally friendly flotation radial tyres designed for agricultural use. The new flotation product family features special properties particularly tailored for slurry tankers. The first sizes will become available for sales in March 2010.
Read more: http://www.nokianheavytyres.com/news_item?id=15813628
Vesa Sampakoski, Sales and Marketing Manager, Nokian Heavy Tyres Ltd
Tel. + 358 10 401 7605
Martti Päivinen, Product Development Manager, Nokian Heavy Tyres Ltd
Tel. +358 10 401 7544