Northland’s Annual General Meeting 2013
Luxemburg, April 15, 2013 – Northland Resources S.A. (OSE: NAUR, Frankfurt: NPK, First North/Nasdaq: NAURo – together with its subsidiaries, “Northland” or “the Company”) will hold its Annual General Meeting (“AGM”) on May 15, 2013 at 10 am CET in Luxembourg.
Notice is hereby given that the AGM of the shareholders of Northland Resources S.A. will be held at 7A, rue Robert Stümper, L-2557 Luxembourg, Grand Duchy of Luxembourg on May 15, 2013 at 10 a.m. (CET), for the following purposes:
1. Approval of the reports of (i) the board of directors of the Company and (ii) the independent auditor of the Company on the consolidated annual accounts of the Company (the “Consolidated Annual Accounts”) for the financial year ended as of December 31, 2012 (the “Financial Year”) and on the annual accounts of the Company for the Financial Year (the “Annual Accounts”);
2. Approval of the Annual Accounts and allocation of the result for the Financial Year;
3. Approval of the Consolidated Annual Accounts;
4. Discharge (quitus) to the members of the board of directors of the Company for the exercise of their mandate during the Financial Year;
5. Renewal of the mandate of the members of the board of directors until the next annual general meeting;
6. Renewal of the mandate of Ernst & Young S.A. as independent auditor (réviseur d’entreprise agréé) until the next annual general meeting;
7. Approval of fees to non-executive members of the board of directors of CAD 60,000 per annum, with an additional CAD 20,000 per annum to the director serving as the Audit Committee Chair, and an additional CAD 10,000 per annum to each director serving as the Chair of any other Committee;
8. Authorization and empowerment of any director of the Company, or the Chief Executive Officer, acting on behalf of the board of directors, to do all other acts and things as they shall at their discretion deem necessary or desirable for the purpose of giving effect to any of the above items of the agenda and to see to and to accomplish any necessary formalities with the relevant Luxembourg authorities in relation to the items of this agenda, including, but not limited, to the filing of documents with the Luxembourg Register of Commerce and Companies and the publication of excerpts in the Mémorial, Recueil des Sociétés et Associations, and generally to perform any other action that may be necessary or useful in relation thereto; and
9. To transact such further or other business as may properly come before the meeting or any adjournment or adjournments thereof.
Shareholders are hereby informed that the resolutions shall be passed by a majority of the votes cast irrespective of the number of shares present or represented.
Shareholders who are unable to attend the meeting are requested to complete, date, sign and return the form of proxy, available on www.sedar.com, in accordance with the instructions set out in the proxy and in the Management Information Circular. A shareholder who wishes to attend the meeting may register at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More details will be available on the Company’s web site.
President & CEO, Northland Resources S.A.
For more information, please contact:
Eva Kaijser, CFO, +46 709 320 901
Anders Antonsson, Vice President – Investor Relations: +46 709 994 970
Web site: www.northland.eu
Northland is a producer of iron ore concentrate, with a portfolio of production, development and exploration mines and projects in northern Sweden and Finland. The first construction phase of the Kaunisvaara project is complete and production ramp-up started in November 2012. The Company produces high-grade, high-quality magnetite iron concentrate in Kaunisvaara, Sweden, where the Company will exploit two magnetite iron ore deposits, Tapuli and Sahavaara. Northland has entered into off-take contracts with three partners for the entire production from the Kaunisvaara project over the next seven to ten years. The Company is also preparing a Definitive Feasibility Study (“DFS”) for its Hannukainen Iron Oxide Copper Gold (“IOCG”) project in Kolari, northern Finland and for the Pellivuoma deposit, which is located 15 km from the Kaunisvaara processing plant.