Interim Report (January - March 2017)
January – March 2017
- Net sales amounted to SEK 428.7 million (395.1), a revenue growth of 8.5 percent. Adjusted for acquisitions and FX, the revenue growth amounted to 4.3 percent.
- Operating profit before depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) amounted to SEK 71.9 million (61.4), corresponding to an EBITDA margin of 16.8 percent (15.5) and an EBITDA growth of 17.1 percent.
- Net financial income/expense includes net foreign exchange losses of SEK -0.9 million (-8.0).
- Profit for the period amounted to SEK 8.3 million (2.1).
- Earnings per share after dilution amounted to SEK 0.03 (0.01).
- Cash flow from operating activities amounted to SEK 51.1 million (9.0).
Notable events during the first quarter
- Opus launched a new 5-year strategic plan called 400/100/25.
- Opus appointed Lothar Geilen as new CEO as per April 1, 2017.
- Opus acquired three concessions and started vehicle inspection in Córdoba, Argentina.
- Opus started vehicle inspection in Parral, Chile under the concession in the Maule region.
For additional information, please contact:
Lothar Geilen, CEO
Tel: +46 31 748 34 00
Phone: 46 765 25 84 93
About Opus Group
Opus is a technology driven growth company in the vehicle inspection and vehicle services markets. The company has a strong focus on customer service and innovative technology within emission and safety testing and vehicle services. The Group had approximately SEK 1.7 billion in revenues in 2016 with strong operating cash flow and good operating profitability. Opus’ plan is to double its revenues to reach USD 400 million in revenues and USD 100 million in EBITDA by 2021. The main growth is estimated to come from the expansion of the vehicle communication and services business and the international expansion of the vehicle inspection business with a primary focus on the Latin American and Asian markets. With close to 1,800 employees, Opus is headquartered in the Gothenburg region of Sweden. Opus has 26 regional offices of which 20 are located in the United States and the others in Stockholm, Peru, Chile, Argentina, Mexico and Pakistan. Opus has production facilities in the U.S. in Hartford, Ann Arbor and Tucson. The Opus share is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm.