Interim Report (January - September 2017)
January - September 2017
• Net sales amounted to SEK 1,361.5 million (1,266.9), a revenue growth of 7.5 percent. Adjusted for
acquisitions and FX, the organic revenue growth amounted to 1.7 percent.
• Operating profit before depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) amounted to SEK 245.7 million
(264.2), corresponding to an EBITDA margin of 18.0 percent (20.8).
• Net financial income/expense includes net foreign exchange differences of SEK -23.7 million (19.8).
• Profit for the period amounted to SEK 49.3 million (63.9).
• Earnings per share after dilution amounted to SEK 0.18 (0.22).
• Cash flow from operating activities amounted to SEK 150.9 million (165.0).
July – September 2017
• Net sales amounted to SEK 457.7 million (419.4), a revenue growth of 9.1 percent. Adjusted for
acquisitions and FX, the organic revenue growth was 3.1 percent.
• Operating profit before depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) amounted to SEK 83.5 million
(86.7), corresponding to an EBITDA margin of 18.2 percent (20.6).
• Net financial income/expense includes net foreign exchange differences of SEK -14.9 million (9.9).
• Profit for the period amounted to SEK 12.7 million (11.3).
• Earnings per share after dilution amounted to SEK 0.05 (0.04).
• Cash flow from operating activities amounted to SEK 68.0 million (61.2).
Notable events during the third quarter
• Opus signed a 20-year vehicle inspection concession agreement in Sindh Province, Pakistan.
• Opus acquired Farsight, a provider of remote diagnostics and vehicle communication technical
services for the automotive aftermarket in North America.
• Opus received a notice of contract award from the state of New Jersey. A protest against this
award has been submitted and is currently being evaluated by the State of New Jersey,
Department of Treasury.
Gothenburg in November 2017
Opus Group AB (publ)
This information is information that Opus Group AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU
Market Abuse Regulation and the Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, at 08:30 CET on November 10, 2017.
For additional information, please contact:
Lothar Geilen, CEO
Tel: +46 31 748 34 00
Director of Corporate Communications & Investor Relations
Phone: +46 765 25 84 93
Opus is a technology-driven growth company in the vehicle inspection and vehicle services markets. The company has a strong focus on customer service and innovative technology within emission and safety testing and vehicle services. Opus had approximately SEK 1.7 billion in revenues in 2016 with strong operating cash flow and good operating profitability. Opus’ plan is to double its revenues to reach USD 400 million in revenues and USD 100 million in EBITDA by 2021. The main growth is estimated to come from the expansion of the vehicle communication and services business, and the international expansion of the vehicle inspection business with a primary focus on the Latin American and Asian markets. With approximately 2,000 employees, Opus is headquartered in Gothenburg, Sweden. Opus has 30 regional offices, 20 of which are in the United States and the others in Stockholm, UK, Peru, Chile, Argentina, Mexico, Australia and Pakistan. Opus has production facilities in the U.S. in Hartford, Ann Arbor and Tucson. The Opus share is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm.