POSITIVE DEVELOPMENT FOR TACTIVO™ AND IMPORTANT ORDER FROM THE FINANCE SECTOR
PRECISE BIOMETRICS AB (PUBL), CORPORATE IDENTITY NO. 556545-6596
YEAR END REPORT FOR THE PERIOD JANUARY – DECEMBER 2012
- The group’s net sales for the year was SEK 28.3 million (21.6) and for the fourth quarter SEK 8.4 million (4.8).
- The groups income for the year was SEK –47.0 million (-33.2) and for the fourth quarter SEK -13.0 million (-9.2).
- Earnings per share for the year amounted to SEK -0.23 (-0.20) and for the fourth quarter SEK -0.05 (-0.05).
- Available cash at the end of the year amounted to SEK 37.6 million (28.9).
IMPORTANT EVENTS DURING THE YEAR
- Precise Biometrics product for mobile security for smart phones and tablets, Tactivo™, was certified by Apple. Tactivo for iPhone and iPad launched globally.
- Precise Biometrics has announced several Tactivo related partnerships during the year (HID Global, Good Technology, Intercede and Sogeti). Precise Biometrics can with each partner deliver secure mobile authentication to government and businesses worldwide.
- The company received its first Tactivo-order from one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers. Orders were also received from two leading mobile software providers; Thursby Software Systems and an additional recognized partner.
- The company announced partnership with the Inpeco Group, developer of solutions that trace key healthcare processes. Inpeco Group has chosen Precise Match-on-Card™ technology to trace patient ID and blood testing transmissions, eliminating human ‘error’ in the process.
- Precise Biometrics’ rights issue, with preferential rights, was oversubscribed.
IMPORTANT EVENTS AFTER THE END OF THE YEAR
- Precise Biometrics has been chosen by a market-leading global provider of financial information services. The US-based customer has chosen Precise Biometrics as its new provider of fingerprint algorithms. The customer intends to improve the performance of existing and forthcoming fingerprint enabled devices by using Precise Biometrics' technology.
- Tactivo is selected by OpenPeak to add security enhancements to mobile apps with its Sector™ app wrapping technology.
- The credit facility that was obtained in spring 2012 was re-paid in January 2013. Within the framework of the credit facility agreement, and through the end of May 2013, the company can obtain order financing.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT
Thomas Marschall, President & CEO, Precise Biometrics AB.
Telephone +46 46 31 11 10, or +46 734 35 11 10 E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Patrik Norberg, CFO, Precise Biometrics AB
Telephone +46 46 31 11 47, or +46 734 35 11 47 E-mail email@example.com
Precise Biometrics is a market-leading provider of solutions for fingerprint recognition to prove people's identities. With top-of-the-line expertise in fingerprint verification, Precise Biometrics offers fast, accurate and secure authentication of a person.
The technology adds value to ID, enterprise and bank cards as well as access to mobile solutions (smart phones and tablets), computers and networks. Precise Biometrics serves business and government organizations throughout the world and its technology is licensed to close to 160 million users.