STRONG START TO 2013
PRECISE BIOMETRICS AB (PUBL), CORPORATE IDENTITY NO. 556545-6596
INTERIM REPORT FOR THE PERIOD JANUARY – MARCH 2013
- The group’s net sales for the first quarter was SEK 16.8 million (4.7)
- The group’s operating result for the quarter was SEK -1.0 million (-9.8).
- The group’s net result for the quarter was -1.3 (-9.8).
- Earnings per share for the first quarter was SEK -0.00 (-0.05).
- Available cash at the end of the quarter amounted to SEK 7.7 million (7.0).
IMPORTANT EVENTS DURING THE QUARTER
- A market-leading global provider of financial information services chooses Precise Biometrics as their new fingerprint algorithm vendor following a thorough test of the market. The customer is aiming to increase the performance of existing and forthcoming fingerprint enabled devices by using Precise Biometrics’ technology.
- One of the largest mobile Operators in the US has started selling Precise Biometrics’ Tactivo™ The Operator has placed an initial order of 5,000 Tactivo units. The order has been delivered during March.
- Precise Biometrics announced that the Company will shortly release Tactivo for Android. Development of Tactivo for Android and further mobile platforms is already in progress and will be launched end of Q2, with prototypes available for selected partners in May.
- The credit facility that was obtained during the first quarter 2012 was re-paid in January 2013. The company utilized, before the repayment, SEK 20.0 million of the credit facility of SEK 30.0 million. Within the framework of the credit facility agreement, and until the end of May 2013, the company can obtain order financing.
- The Board of Directors of Precise Biometrics has proposed the Annual General Meeting on April 23, 2013 to decide to undertake a rights issue with preferential rights for Precise Biometrics’ shareholders of approximately SEK 55 million. The rights issue is implemented to finance increased working capital due to new orders, continued development of Tactivo by increasing resources for production, product development and sales and marketing efforts worldwide. The rights issue is guaranteed up to a level of 70% of the rights issue, approximately SEK 38.5 million.
IMPORTANT EVENTS AFTER THE END OF THE QUARTER
- Tactivo was FIPS 201 (Federal Information Processing Standard) certified for the US General Service Administration (GSA) Approved Products List as the first and so far only mobile smart card reader.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT
Thomas Marschall, President & CEO, Precise Biometrics AB.
Telephone +46 46 31 11 10, or +46 734 35 11 10 E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Patrik Norberg, CFO, Precise Biometrics AB
Telephone +46 46 31 11 47, or +46 734 35 11 47 E-mail email@example.com
Precise Biometrics is a market-leading provider of solutions for fingerprint recognition to prove people's identities. With top-of-the-line expertise in fingerprint verification, Precise Biometrics offers fast, accurate and secure authentication of a person.
The technology adds value to ID, enterprise and bank cards as well as access to mobile solutions (smart phones and tablets), computers and networks.
Precise Biometrics serves business and government organizations throughout the world and its technology is licensed to close to 160 million users.