BPI.RECYCLED PRODUCTS CELEBRATES AWARD SUCCESS
Leading manufacturer of refuse and recycling sacks, bpi.recycled products is celebrating its success after being named Best Environmental Business at the Pride in Your Place Awards. Organised by Caerphilly Borough Council, these awards aim to recognise the innovation and commitment of groups and individuals helping to improve the environment in the local area.
bpi.recycled products received the award as a result of its commitment to introducing greener practices at its Rhymney, South Wales, factory. The site produces many of its products from recycled waste polythene and recycles over 11,000 tonnes of material each year, contributing to bpi.recycled products’ position as the largest recycler of waste polythene in Europe.
Specifically, the manufacturer has invested in robust waste stream management practices designed to reduce the amount of waste sent to landfill. It has also been working closely with local schools to educate children on the benefits and importance of recycling as part of the Rhymney First Communities Partnership
Speaking of the award, Steve Harris, manager of the Rhymney factory, said: “As a business, bpi.recycled products is fully committed to not only reducing our own environmental impact but also to encouraging waste reduction and recycling in the wider community. Our recent success at the Pride in Your Place Awards is a fantastic achievement and should be seen as a real testament to this commitment and to the hard work of the bpi.recycled products team.”
- ENDS -
Image & Caption: Rhymney tour.jpg; Greener practices. bpi.recycled products has been named Best Environmental Business at Caerphilly Borough Council’s Pride in Your Place Awards.
- bpi.recycled products is the largest recycler of used polythene in Europe recycling over 68,000 tonnes of post-use polythene material from horticultural, commercial, retail, industrial and agricultural markets.
- bpi.recycled products uses some of these materials to manufacture its award winning Plaswood range of sustainable wood-substitute products. These products include park and garden furniture, street and countryside signs, bollards and marine decking.
- The environmental benefits of recycling plastic are becoming more widely recognised: maximising reusable material, diverting waste from landfill and conserving resources. bpi.recycled products has developed the necessary expertise and the infrastructure in the form of a network of Environment Agency accredited recycling plants to help drive these benefits forward.
- bpi.recycled products is a division of BPI (British Polythene Industries) plc, one of Europe’s largest manufacturers of polythene films, bags and sacks.
- As a result of its commitment to operating in a sustainable way and to minimising the environmental impact of all of its activities, BPI won the Best Green Large Company category at the 2010 Scottish Green Awards.