bpi.visqueen shows support for Cogges Heritage Trust
bpi.visqueen has shown its support for a celebration of the UK’s horticultural history. The business, which ranks as a leading manufacturer of horticultural films and sacks, has made a generous product donation to Cogges Heritage Trust in Witney, Oxfordshire.
A registered charity, Cogges Heritage Trust is responsible for maintaining Cogges Manor Farm, a working farmstead and national heritage site dating back to the 13th century. It now exists as a visitor attraction and learning centre, enabling people to see how agriculture and horticulture have evolved over the centuries.
The products donated by bpi.visqueen, which include mulch film, polytunnel film and sacks for composting, will be used to grow local produce in the farm’s walled garden. These products are part of a wider range manufactured by bpi.visqueen that also includes technically advanced films designed to help growers increase overall yield and crop quality.
Commenting on the donation, Colin Shone, Director of Cogges Manor Farm, said: “Cogges Heritage Trust is dedicated to preserving the horticultural history of Cogges Manor Farm in a way that is educational, environmentally friendly and self-sustaining. The product donation from bpi.visqueen will help us to achieve this goal and we’d like to extend our gratitude and appreciation for their generous contribution.”
Fiona Fraser, Marketing Coordinator at bpi.visqueen, added: “As a business, bpi.visqueen is firmly focused on the future of horticulture and continues to be a pioneer in the development of cutting edge, next generation films. We are delighted to support the important educational work of Cogges Heritage Trust, an organisation that helps people to understand how agriculture has evolved over the years. We hope that our donation will go some way towards restoring Cogges Manor Farm to a fully working farmstead.”
Images & captions: bpi.visqueen Cogges Manor Farm.jpg Preserving horticultural history. bpi.visqueen has made a generous product donation to Cogges Heritage Trust in Witney, Oxfordshire.
For more information on this story, contact Emma Macey at PRECISION on 0161 638 8714 or e-mail:
Notes to Editors:
- British Polythene Industries (BPI) plc is a European leader in the manufacture of polythene film products and a leading global supplier of agricultural and horticultural films.
- bpi.visqueen, a division of British Polythene Industries, operates from a network of sites across the UK, including production facilities in Ardeer, Greenock and Flint.
- bpi.visqueen’s extensive product portfolio includes bespoke packaging, heavy-duty sacks, pallet protection products and speciality wide width films. These products are employed by some of Europe’s biggest names in agriculture, horticulture, pharmaceutical and industrial applications.
- bpi.visqueen complements its broad range of products with high quality flexographic printing capabilities, advanced conversion processes and in-depth technical experience to deliver leading-edge film solutions/formats.
- As a result of its commitment to operating in a sustainable way and to minimising the environmental impact of all of its activities, BPI won the Best Green Large Company category at the 2010 Scottish Green Awards and the Sustainability Award at the 2011 Scotland PLC Awards.