Leading crop packaging advice
Leading rural retailer Mole Valley Farmers will host a series of Crop Packaging Events across the South West during April. The retailer will be joined by KUHN, supplier of a wide range of agricultural machinery, and bpi.minster films, manufacturer of Silotite balewrap at Mole Valley Farmers’s Holsworthy, Liskeard, Bridgwater, Frome and Newton Abbott stores on 18th, 19th, 24th, 25th and 26th April respectively.
Each event will provide farmer and contractor with an opportunity to see some of the latest bale wrapping and handling machinery in addition to meeting KUHN’S machinery experts and the bale wrap specialists from bpi.minster films.
A crucial part of the silage making process is the correct application of silage stretchfilm in order to ensure the nutrient value of each bale is maximised. Helping farmers and contractors alike to achieve this is the versatile KUHN range of bale wrappers which include both stationary round bale wrappers and large trailed square bale wrappers.
When used in conjunction with a high quality balewrap such as Silotite - a tried and trusted choice for farmers and contractors worldwide thanks to its ease of use, high strength and reliability – the unique features of the KUHN bale wrapping range can create the ideal ensiling conditions for baled forage.
Sian Pritchard, Managing Director at KUHN UK commented: "We’re delighted to have the opportunity to showcase our range of balewrapping machinery to farmers and contractors and build on the success of previous Mole Valley Crop Packaging Days."
Speaking of the events Keith Ockenden, Head of Agriculture at Mole Valley Farmers said: “Mole Valley Farmers pride themselves on providing market leading products and technical advice to the agricultural sector. Hosting these informative Crop Packaging Days is just one way for us to share our knowledge and it gives us the opportunity to bring together the expertise of international balewrap and machinery manufacturers with that of our skilled local branch advisors.”
The Crop Packaging Days will take place between the hours of 9 am – 4 pm on the following dates at the venues noted:
Wednesday 18th April Mole Valley Farmers, Underlane, Holsworthy
Thursday 19th April Mole Valley Farmers, Morrswater Ind. Estate, Liskeard
Tuesday 24th April Mole Valley Farmers, Bath Road, Bawdrip, Bridgwater
Wednesday 25th April Mole Valley Farmers, Standerwick, Frome
Thursday 26th April Mole Valley Farmers, Battle Road, Heathfield Ind. Est, Newton Abbott
For further information on the Crop Packaging Days please contact Nigel Cockwill 07786 855223.
- Mole Valley Farmers was started in 1960 by a small group of farmers in South Molton, Devon. Today, there are 6,384 farmer shareholders and 22,000 country members. It is one of the largest employers in the South West, with a turnover of £330 million and more than 1,300 staff. Mole Valley Farmers is one of the few businesses based on a co-operative model in the supply industry, with a total commitment to the farming and rural industry. Over the years, the company has developed and grown, making investments in:
- Nine retail branches in the South West
- Mole Valley Farmers Online
- 4 compound feed mills for all animal feeds
- A network of 7 blending operations
- A mineral supplement plant
- A quality farm building and engineering division
- 21 SCATS Countrystores across the South, South East and South Wales
- Kuhn is a European manufacturer of a wide range of machinery for the agricultural sector.
- bpi.minster films is a British-based manufacturer of high-performance silage stretch wrap and lightweight, high strength silage sheeting. Its range of products includes such highly respected brand names as Silotite® and Visqueen Agri-S.