Step up to the mark with TreadGUARD1500
In line with its commitment to providing high quality solutions to every structural waterproofing need, Visqueen Building Products has added another innovative product to its range. The leading manufacturer of films for the building industry has recently launched TreadGUARD1500, a 100% recycled embossed board specifically designed to protect loose-laid membranes from damage.
Developed with a high-compressive strength to offer impressive puncture resistance, the heavy-duty boards can be positioned on top of both gas resistant and damp-proof membranes to effectively protect against following trades and the process of positioning spacers and reinforcement prior to laying a reinforced concrete slab.
Supplied in 1m x 2m panels, TreadGUARD1500 is suitable for both horizontal and vertical application and benefits from both anti-slip and rot-proof qualities. As a further benefit, the product is fully compatible with Visqueen Building Products’ complete range of waterproofing and gas protection systems. It also complies with BS 8102:2009 and with the relevant BBA certificates for the protection of membranes from puncture.
In addition, TreadGUARD1500 offers users a greener choice. Its 100% recycled nature results in a much lower carbon footprint than boards manufactured from virgin material, and actually offers a total reduction in carbon emissions of 62%.
As with all Visqueen products, TreadGUARD1500 comes fully backed by the manufacturer’s steadfast commitment to providing superior service and support. This includes offering customers access to a nationwide network of Technical Support Managers as well as to resources such as its comprehensive Specifier’s Guide, which makes it easier than ever to specify the right product for a given project.
Commenting, Cameron Yates, Product Manager at Visqueen Building Products, explained: “TreadGUARD1500 has been independently tested for puncture resistance against all major market alternatives, including 3mm bituminous board, and it’s come out superior every time. It’s just the latest example of our commitment to continually developing new and innovative solutions that can actually add real value to our customers.”
- ENDS -
Image & Caption: TreadGUARD.jpg; Complete protection. Visqueen Building Products has launched a new 100% recycled embossed board known as TreadGUARD1500, designed to protect membranes from damage.
Notes to Editors:
- Visqueen Building Products is a division of British Polythene Industries, one of Europe’s leading manufacturers of polythene film.
- Through products created specifically for the construction industry, Visqueen Building Products offers a comprehensive array of solutions including damp proof courses, damp proof membranes, flame retardant films, gas protection systems, radon protection systems, storm water protection and vapour control layers.
- Working closely with sister business, bpi.recycled products (the largest recycler of waste polythene in Europe), Visqueen Building Products has become a major force in the supply of sustainable products
- Visqueen Building Products offers a variety of reprocessed plastic products including EcoMembrane®, the first damp proof membrane made from 100% recycled post-use waste, and Plaswood – a versatile range of plastic wood products stretching from street furniture to fencing.
- As a result of its commitment to operating in a sustainable way and to minimising the environmental impact of all of its activities, BPI won the Best Green Large Company category at the 2010 Scottish Green Awards.