VISQUEEN BUILDING PRODUCTS CELEBRATES AWARD SUCCESS
Leading manufacturer high performance building films, Visqueen Building Products is celebrating its success after being named Best Environmental Business at the Pride in Your Place Awards. Organised by Caerphilly Borough Council, these awards aim to recognise the innovation and commitment of groups and individuals helping to improve the environment in the local area.
Visqueen Building Products received the award as a result of its commitment to introducing greener practices at its Rhymney, South Wales, factory. The site produces many of its products from recycled waste polythene and recycles over 11,000 tonnes of material each year.
Specifically, the manufacturer has invested in robust waste stream management practices designed to reduce the amount of waste sent to landfill. It has also been working closely with local schools to educate children on the benefits and importance of recycling as part of the Rhymney First Communities Partnership
Speaking of the award, Steve Harris, manager of the Rhymney factory, said: “As a business, Visqueen Building Products is fully committed to not only reducing our own environmental impact but also to encouraging waste reduction and recycling in the wider community. Our recent success at the Pride in Your Place Awards is a fantastic achievement and should be seen as a real testament to this commitment and to the hard work of the bpi.recycled products team.”
- ENDS -
Image & Caption: Rhymney tour.jpg; Greener practices. Visqueen Building Products has been named Best Environmental Business at the Pride in Your Place Awards run by Caerphilly Borough Council.
Notes to Editors:
- Visqueen Building Products is a division of British Polythene Industries, one of Europe’s leading manufacturers of polythene film.
- Through products created specifically for the construction industry, Visqueen Building Products offers a comprehensive array of solutions including damp proof courses, damp proof membranes, flame retardant films, gas protection systems, radon protection systems, storm water protection and vapour control layers.
- Working closely with sister business, bpi.recycled products (the largest recycler of waste polythene in Europe), Visqueen Building Products has become a major force in the supply of sustainable products
- Visqueen Building Products offers a variety of reprocessed plastic products including EcoMembrane®, the first damp proof membrane made from 100% recycled post-use waste, and Plaswood – a versatile range of plastic wood products stretching from street furniture to fencing.
- As a result of its commitment to operating in a sustainable way and to minimising the environmental impact of all of its activities, BPI won the Best Green Large Company category at the 2010 Scottish Green Awards.