Visqueen gas protection solution receives BBA certification
Visqueen Building Products has secured British Board of Agrément certification on yet another of its products. Visqueen Low Permeability Gas Membrane, including the complete range of accessories and ventilation systems, is the latest in an already extensive list of solutions from the leading manufacturer of high performance building films to be awarded the coveted construction industry accreditation.
A robust co-polymer thermoplastic membrane designed to conform to CIRIA C665; BS8485 and the Local Authority Handbook; Visqueen Low Permeability Gas Membrane provides protection against the ingression of moisture and low levels of methane, radon and carbon dioxide. Flexible, puncture resistant and highly durable, it also employs less folds to help reduce the risk of cracks in structural concrete screed and to aid jointing and welding applications on site.
As a further benefit, Visqueen Low Permeability Gas Membrane is part of a complete range of waterproofing and gas protection products offered by Visqueen. By combining membranes with other components such as jointing tapes, top hats and cloaks, the manufacturer provides customers with everything they need to create robust, reliable and high performance structural waterproofing and gas protection systems.
In order to achieve its certification, Visqueen Low Permeability Gas Membrane underwent a full and rigorous assessment by the BBA. This involved extensive testing and on-site evaluation to ensure that the product is fit for purpose and meets all of the associated Building Standards and Building Regulations
Commenting on the product’s success, Cameron Yates, Product Manager at the business said: “The fact that Visqueen Low Permeability Gas Membrane has achieved BBA certification serves as independent verification of the strength of our on-going commitment to delivering high quality, reliable solutions. It’s just the latest evidence of our desire to find new ways of addressing the evolving demands of the construction industry.”
- ENDS -
Image & Caption: LPGM.jpg; Quality assured. Visqueen LPGM from Visqueen Building Products has been awarded BBA certification.
Notes to Editors:
- Visqueen Building Products is a division of British Polythene Industries, one of Europe’s leading manufacturers of polythene film.
- Through products created specifically for the construction industry, Visqueen Building Products offers a comprehensive array of solutions including damp proof courses, damp proof membranes, flame retardant films, gas protection systems, radon protection systems, storm water protection and vapour control layers.
- Working closely with sister business, bpi.recycled products (the largest recycler of waste polythene in Europe), Visqueen Building Products has become a major force in the supply of sustainable products
- Visqueen Building Products offers a variety of reprocessed plastic products including EcoMembrane®, the first damp proof membrane made from 100% recycled post-use waste, and Plaswood – a versatile range of plastic wood products stretching from street furniture to fencing.
- As a result of its commitment to operating in a sustainable way and to minimising the environmental impact of all of its activities, BPI won the Best Green Large Company category at the 2010 Scottish Green Awards.