Visqueen reveals Brownfield Expo (BEX) plans
With this year’s Brownfield Expo (BEX) rapidly approaching, Visqueen Building Products has announced its plans for the UK’s premiere exhibition for contaminated land solutions. At the show, which takes place from the 22nd to 24th May at the NEC, the leading manufacturer of building films will promote its ability to offer complete ground gas protection solutions.
In particular, visitors to the Visqueen stand (Stand G51) will be able to learn more about a number of the manufacturer’s technically advanced, highly specialised products. These products - which also act as damp proof membranes - include Visqueen Gas Barrier, Visqueen Low Permeability Gas Membrane and Visqueen Radon Gas Membrane.
A multi-layer reinforced polyethylene membrane with an integral aluminium foil, Visqueen Gas Barrier offers buildings comprehensive protection against the ingression of many of the ground gases frequently found on brownfield sites including methane, radon and carbon dioxide. Coloured blue on one side and silver on the reverse for easy onsite identification, it also offer high levels of strength combined with impressive impact and puncture resistance.
Visqueen Low Permeability Gas Membrane, which has been designed for use where lower levels of methane, radon and carbon dioxide are present, is a robust co-polymer thermoplastic membrane which has recently been BBA certified. Coloured yellow, it is flexible, durable and also employs a centre fold to help reduce the risk of cracks in structural concrete screed and to aid jointing and welding applications on site.
Similarly, Visqueen Radon Gas Membrane employs an enhanced blend of polymers and provides specialist and independently tested protection against the ingression of radon. This naturally occurring gas, which is invisible, tasteless and odourless, can be a major cause of lung cancer if concentrated levels are allowed to build up in properties.
In addition, Visqueen will use BEX to promote its ability to complement products like Visqueen Gas Barrier, Visqueen Low Permeability Gas Membrane and Visqueen Radon Membrane with an extensive range of system components. This includes specialised jointing tapes, top hat units and radon sumps giving users the reassurance of being able create a complete gas protection system offering one consistent level of protection.
The manufacturer also plans to stage welding demonstrations on its BEX stand using Visqueen Gas Barrier. This will enable visitors to see first hand one of the best methods of joining two pieces of membrane together to create an effective and impenetrable airtight seal.
Finally, the Visqueen team will use the show to highlight its market leading levels of service and support. This includes access to field based Technical Support Managers and to CPD Gas Seminars which are designed to help specifiers stay abreast of the latest regulations and building controls regarding construction on gas contaminated land.
Speaking of the manufacturer’s plans for the event, Rachael Barton, Marketing Communications Manager at Visqueen said: “With increasing land shortages, there is a growing need to reclaim brownfield sites and to build new properties on them. Visqueen Building Products is proud to help make this process possible.”
She adds: “We offer the right products, the right services and the right experience. In fact, we are very much the experts in protecting properties from ground gas ingression and we look forward to demonstrating this at the 2012 Brownfield Exhibition.”
- ENDS -
Image & Caption: LPGM.jpg; Complete protection. Leading manufacturer of building films, Visqueen Building Products will be promoting its ability to provide complete gas protection solutions at the 2012 Brownfield Expo.
Notes to Editors:
- Visqueen Building Products is a division of British Polythene Industries, one of Europe’s leading manufacturers of polythene film.
- Through products created specifically for the construction industry, Visqueen Building Products offers a comprehensive array of solutions including damp proof courses, damp proof membranes, flame retardant films, gas protection systems, radon protection systems, storm water protection and vapour control layers.
- Working closely with sister business, bpi.recycled products (the largest recycler of waste polythene in Europe), Visqueen Building Products has become a major force in the supply of sustainable products
- Visqueen Building Products offers a variety of reprocessed plastic products including EcoMembrane®, the first damp proof membrane made from 100% recycled post-use waste, and Plaswood – a versatile range of plastic wood products stretching from street furniture to fencing.
- As a result of its commitment to operating in a sustainable way and to minimising the environmental impact of all of its activities, BPI won the Best Green Large Company category at the 2010 Scottish Green Awards.