Pavese Law Firm to present at Florida Gulf Coast University Small Business Development Center annual Entrepreneur’s Law School
To provide small business owners with answers to their legal questions, Pavese Law Firm is sponsoring the 14thAnnual Entrepreneur’s Law School presented by Florida Gulf Coast University’s Small Business Development Center. Pavese Law Firm is the exclusive title sponsor for the event to be held on Saturday, Jan. 26 from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. at the Florida Gulf Coast University (FGCU) Cohen Center Ballroom.
Pavese Law Firm attorneys will donate their time to help answer questions for small business owners and entrepreneurs on topics such as legal contracts, commercial leases, business entity structures, employment law and more. Pavese Law Firm attorneys will teach 50 minute sessions on various legal aspects:
- Managing partner Charles Mann will host a session on locating your business – exploring what business owners can expect when purchasing real estate, leasing office space, or working from a home office;
- Partner Christina Harris Schwinn discusses the use of social media in the workplace, providing attendees with information regarding the risks of using social media in the workplace and how to address them;
- Christina Harris Schwinn also presents on the difference between independent contractors and employees, and financial penalties for improper misclassification under federal and state laws (workers’ compensation and unemployment insurance);
- Partner Frank Pavese will discuss the civil litigation process from start to finish on an introductory level. His presentation includes document filing, case preparation, a discussion of the mediation process, trial of claims, as well as the collection phase.
- Partner Mary Vlasak Snell presents on the “choice of entity” decision facing those who own and operate a business. In addition to reviewing the various forms to choose from, Snell explores the various legal and tax consequences of each entity.
Small business owners and entrepreneurs that wish to attend can register at sbdc-lawschool.com or call the main office at 239-745-3700 for more information.
Pavese Law Firm is a full-service law firm with offices in Fort Myers, Cape Coral and West Palm Beach. The firm provides a broad range of legal services for individuals, families, small businesses and large corporations. Practice areas include agricultural, banking and finance, bankruptcy, business and taxation, civil litigation, community association, employment, environmental and water, estate planning, probate and trust, family, land use and government, and real estate law. Established in 1949 as a one-person general practice firm, Pavese Law Firm has grown into one of the largest legal practices in Southwest Florida. With a long history of service to Southwest Florida, Pavese Law Firm has played a significant role in the growth of local businesses, communities and major development projects.