Q-Free Open Roads contracted for ATMS Service and Maintenance contract with WVDOH
25 August 2016
Chesapeake, VA— The West Virginia Division of Highways has contracted Q-Free Open Roads, Chesapeake (Q-Free OR), the leading provider of innovative Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS), for a $1.4 million maintenance contract to maintain and enhance OpenTMS v.8, the WVDOH Advanced Transportation Management System (ATMS).
In 2008, Q-Free OR designed and deployed the WVDOH statewide ATMS solution – OpenTMS, the most fully-featured and easy-to-use off-the-shelf ATMS solution on the market, enabling intelligent and automated transportation operations. The collaborative effort between Q-Free OR and WVDOH has resulted in West Virginia becoming a national leader in ITS. New initiatives since 2008 have included
- Statewide 511 Travelers Information System that includes a “Know Before You Go” travelers information web site, www.wv511.org, a cell phone app, “Drive Safe” and an Interactive Voice Response (IVR) telephone system.
- Twenty-four 911 CAD Integrations providing “real time” 911 Center highway related incident information to the WVDOH Transportation Management Center (TMC).
- Video Analytics System providing 24/7 automatic incident detection, working in the background to assist TMC Operators.
- Truck Parking Guidance System supplying the trucking industry information on available truck parking spaces in rest areas.
- Automated Incident Management System presenting TMC operators with recommended incident response plans per a “Drools Guvnor ‘Rules Based’ Engine” specifically written to follow WVDOH standard procedures.
Q-Free OR is a leading supplier of Intelligent Transportation Systems products and services. The Q-Free Group has approximately 470 employees with offices in 20 countries and presence on all continents. The Q-Free head office is in Trondheim, Norway. Q-Free is listed on Oslo Stock Exchange under the ticker QFR.
Further Q-Free information is available at www.q-free.com .
Q-Free Open Roads, Chesapeake
+47 932 45 175