Quantum signs Union Solutions as UK managed services provider
London, 27 June 2014 – Quantum Corp. today announced that Union Solutions , an infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) provider, has become a managed service provider (MSP) partner in the UK. Powered by Quantum’s virtual deduplication appliances , the MSP programme will enable Union Solutions to offer an end-to-end cloud backup and disaster recovery platform that delivers an affordable and seamless data storage experience for its customers.
Using an all-virtual, all-software approach and unique capacity-based subscription pricing, Quantum’s programme allows MSPs [and value-added resellers] to brand, market and sell cloud Backup-as-a-Service (BaaS) offerings that scale as the provider’s revenue grows, thereby reducing the need for large up-front capital expenditures on hardware. Quantum’s best-in-class DXi®-Series deduplication is the key to making cloud-based data protection more affordable for customers. Deduplication reduces backup capacity requirements by as much as 90 percent, requiring less bandwidth to get data to the cloud and less cloud storage capacity for that data, resulting in lower costs.
“Quantum’s approach to data protection is unique, so we’re delighted to be a part of its MSP programme,” said Alex McLoughlin, chief technology officer at Union Solutions. “This was an obvious step for us, especially as we’re in the market to help our customers reduce costs and mitigate risk. With Quantum’s software-based technology integrated into our BackupPoint service, we’ll have the flexibility to be able to match that need.”
Union Solutions has already started layering Quantum’s technology into both new and existing customer infrastructures through its cloud BaaS offering known as BackupPoint. The service provides Union customers - across the financial services, media, retail and legal sectors – with a cloud data backup and recovery solution offering a choice of on premise, multi-tenant or dedicated platforms to suit their data protection requirements.
“This strategic partnership with Union adds to their existing technology to deliver a more complete offering for backup and recovery,” commented Chris Bowring, channel sales director, Northern Europe at Quantum. “The approach will help Union manage customer’s data while recognising the benefits of using deduplication for the cloud backup as well. We’re delighted to have Union on board, and we look forward to working with them in the future.”
Key Facts on Union Solutions BaaS Offering
- Unique capacity-based pricing allows a predictable and elastic model for customers to back up growing amounts of data in an OPEX- based model, reducing any up-front cost associated with deploying a backup and DR plan.
- With encryption and a dedicated virtual deduplication appliance in the data centre, customers can benefit from data security during the entire lifecycle.
- The 100% virtual and 100% software deployment takes advantage of existing server resources, reducing the amount of additional hardware to deploy and taking advantage of virtual appliance attributes.
- Using Quantum’s patented variable length deduplication technology, customers can dramatically cut disk usage locally and in the cloud, reducing overall costs.
- Leveraging virtual deduplication appliances, users can keep a full copy of their data on premise, providing a more efficient day-to-day recovery process while keeping an off-site backup copy in the cloud that is ready when needed.
44 (0)20 7403 8878
Quantum is a leading expert in scale-out storage, archive and data protection, providing solutions for capturing, sharing, transforming and preserving digital assets over the entire data lifecycle. From small businesses to major enterprises, more than 100,000 customers have trusted Quantum to address their most demanding data workflow challenges. With Quantum, customers can
Be Certain™ they have the end-to-end storage foundation to maximize the value of their data by making it accessible whenever and wherever needed, retaining it indefinitely and reducing total cost and complexity. See how at www.quantum.com/customerstories .
Union Solutions is an IT Service provider, delivering solutions to support business productivity, increase time to revenue and facilitate compliance. We are data centre infrastructure experts with a strong heritage, service orienting infrastructure in large and complex customer organisations.