RaySearch Laboratories AB (publ) Year-end Report 2012Read original
JANUARY 1 – DECEMBER 31, 2012
- Net sales for the year amounted to SEK 182.1 M (126.1)
- Profit after tax totaled SEK 19.9 M (17.0) and the result per share was of SEK 0.58 (0.50)
- Operating profit was SEK 22.5 M (27.6)
- Cash flow amounted to SEK 33.3 M (neg: 46.2)
- The first complete version of RayStation® was released in January and an additional new version in August.
- A total of 23 orders for RayStation® were received from Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Germany, Italy, New Zealand, South Korea, Switzerland and the US.
- Distribution agreement for Spain signed in May
- RaySearch licensed pioneering technology from Princess Margaret Hospital in September
- Cooperation with Siemens ended in December
- The Board of Directors proposes that no dividend be paid for 2012
AFTER THE END OF THE PERIOD
First orders for RayStation® from Spain and France received in January
“We had a record-breaking close to the year thanks to RayStation®. Sales rose 68.0 percent in the fourth quarter and amounted to SEK 77 M. Operating profit improved to SEK 26 M corresponding to an operating margin of 34 percent,” says Johan Löf, President of RaySearch.
“We are now past the crucial initial phase of establishing RayStation® in many markets and have already secured customers in 13 countries. While considerable work remains ahead for expanding our sales and service organization, interest in our system is rising continuously and we are involved in an increasing number of ongoing business discussions throughout the world. It is difficult to predict how rapidly the interest will translate into orders and deliveries, but we are looking forward to 2013 with great confidence,” concludes Johan Löf.
RaySearch Laboratories is a medical technology company that develops advanced software solutions for improved radiation therapy of cancer. RaySearch’s products are sold primarily via license agreements with such leading partners as Philips, Nucletron, IBA Dosimetry, Varian and Accuray. To date, 15 products have been launched via partners and RaySearch’s software is used by more than 2,000 clinics in more than 30 countries. In addition, RaySearch offers the proprietary treatment planning system RayStation® directly to clinics. RaySearch was founded in 2000 as a spin-off from Karolinska Institutet in Stockholm and the company is listed in the Small Cap segment on NASDAQ OMX Stockholm.
More information about RaySearch is available at www.raysearchlabs.com.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Johan Löf, President
Tel: +46 (0)8-545 061 30