BNA Weather Warning
The British Nursing Association is advising agency workers to check the weather before travelling to shift assignments during the forecast cold spell.
Agency nurses and HCA healthcare assistants should contact their BNA support consultant if they believe that they might be delayed in travelling to a shift on time. This will enable the agency to advise the client healthcare service provider. Ice and freezing temperatures are forecast for at least the next two days
The agency is advising agency workers to check weather forecasts such as at the Met Office and take advice regarding care preparation and maintenance from organisations such as the AA, which issues this advice before setting off on a car journey:-
- Get up at least 10 minutes early to give you time to prepare the car.
- Don't drive off like a tank-commander, with a tiny hole cleared in the windscreen. Clear all windows using a scraper and de-icer.
- Use a cigarette lighter to warm a key for a frozen lock. Don't breathe on the lock, as the moisture will condense and freeze.
- Plan routes to favour major roads which are more likely to have been cleared and gritted.
- Put safety before punctuality when the bad weather closes in. Allow extra time for winter journeys but be prepared for the inevitability of being late for work due to unexpected delay.
BNA continues to provide temporary staff whatever the conditions.
The British Nursing Association has provided healthcare staff since 1948, says BNA director Adam Streeter. BNA is the longest serving of all UK nursing agencies. The association is a preferred supplier of agency nurses and HCA staff to NHS and private hospitals, GP Surgeries and other Primary Care service providers - as well as the domiciliary homecare sector.
BNA offers short and long term nurses jobs. The agency provides staff for Primary Care GP surgeries; Accident & Emergency; Intensive Treatment Unit; ICU; Intensive Care Unit; High Dependency Unit; Cardiac Care Unit; Special Care Baby Unit; Ear Nose & Throat; and Maternity, The Defence Force, Nursing Homes and to patients requiring domiciliary or complex care at home.
BNA British Nursing Association
Tel: 0871 873 3324
Sutton Head Office
92 - 96 Lind Road,
106 Church Street,
2 - 3 The Promenade,