New Medicare Tax Rate Starting 1-1-2013, Payroll Software from PayrollMate.Com Updated
Beginning January 1, 2013, employers are required to withhold additional Medicare Tax on wages paid to an employee over certain thresholds. 2013 Payroll Software from PayrollMate.Com has been updated with a new Medicare Tax withholding calculator. Free trial at http://www.PayrollMate.com/ .
Chicago, IL - Real Business Solutions (PayrollMate.com), makers of Payroll mate and W2 Mate software, is helping U.S businesses, accounting firms and payroll service bureaus implement the Additional Medicare Tax which goes into effect in 2013. The Additional Medicare Tax applies to individuals’ wages, other compensation, and self-employment income over certain thresholds; employers are responsible for withholding the payroll tax on wages and other compensation in certain circumstances. The rate of Additional Medicare Tax is 0.9 percent.
Payroll Mate is simply one of the easiest to use computerized payroll system packages in the US market. The payroll software steered away from over complicating the payroll management process and keeping the computer knowledge required to use the application to a minimum. The philosophy of Payroll Mate software makers is to keep things simple while providing a powerful and complete solution at an affordable price. Payroll Mate is trusted by thousands of businesses and tax professionals nationwide.
Download your free payroll software trial by visiting http://www.PayrollMate.com/
All users of Payroll Mate 2013 will get the new payroll updates for free. The software maker is also advising small businesses that are still doing payroll by hand to start using a payroll software solution, which offers serious benefits, from increased payroll preparation efficiency to tangible cost savings.
Payroll Mate is always one of the first payroll preparation solutions to implement payroll updates and new government regulations. Year after year, thousands of businesses and accounting professionals trust Payroll Mate to do payroll and prepare payroll taxes.
Payroll Mate makes doing payroll easy, smooth, predictable, and of course affordable through a set of powerful and flexible payroll management capabilities that allow small businesses to operate smarter and save money.
Payroll Mate software highlights:
- Automatically calculates federal and state payroll tax withholding.
- Supports different types of pay periods including weekly, biweekly, semimonthly and monthly.
- Supports customizable income, tax and deductions categories.
- Exports Payroll checks to Quicken and accounting software like Microsoft Office accounting.
- Can be used as QuickBooks payroll alternative with the ability to export payroll data to QuickBooks software.
- Supports payroll vacation accrual and sick pay accrual.
- Supports the following payroll forms: 941, 940, 944, W-2, W-3, California DE-9, California DE-9C, Texas C-3 , Texas C-4, New York NYS-45, Illinois 941 and Illinois UI-3/40.
- Prints IRS 1099 and 1096 forms.
- Supports income per mile and per piece.
- Exports payroll reports to Excel, CSV and PDF.
- Prints on Laser and Inkjet checks.
- Prints on preprinted scannable W2 forms and W3 forms.
- Generates comprehensive reports including payroll journal, tax liability and deposit requirement.
- Generates Direct Deposit Files.
- Prints MICR checks on blank check stock.
Give the payroll tax calculator from PayrollMate.com a test drive and see for yourself how easy managing payroll can be. Visit payroll tax software page.