Interim Report January-June 2016
1 January—30 June 2016*
• Operating income increased by 25 % to SEK 1,309 million
• Operating profit increased by 52 % to SEK 558 million
• Lending to the public rose 38 % to SEK 19,597 million. In constant currencies the increase was 39 %
• The Core Tier 1 ratio was 13.3 % (15.0) and the total capital ratio was 14.4 % (16.2)
• C/I before credit losses was 43.0 % (47.8)
• The credit loss ratio was 2.0 % (2.5)
• Return on equity excl. intangible assets, (RoTE) was 30.4 % (25.3)
About Resurs Bank
Resurs was founded in 1977 and is one of the fastest-growing niche banks in the Nordic region. During the 1980s we pioneered the successful “interest free” retail finance concept, and today we are one of the leading Nordic retail finance banks, with over 5 million private customers and collaborations with over 1,200 retail partners and 35,000 stores in the Nordics. From our core business in retail finance, we have expanded our commercial offering to include savings accounts, insurance policies, consumer loans and credit cards. The latter includes our own Supreme Card, of which there are roughly 150,000 holders in the Nordic region.
Resurs Bank is owned by Parent Company Resurs Holding and is part of the Resurs Holding Group. In 2015 Resurs Bank acquired the subsidiary yA Bank. When we use the term “Group” in this report we are referring to the Resurs Bank Group.
*Certain performance measures provided in this section have not been prepared in accordance with IFRS. Definitions of performance measures are provided on page 26. The reasons for the use of alternative performance measures and reconciliation against information in the financial statements are provided on the website under “Financial information”.
The figures in parentheses refer to 30 June 2015 in terms of financial position, and to the year-earlier period in terms of profit/loss items.
This information is such information that Resurs Bank AB is required to disclose pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Swedish Securities Market Act. The information was submitted for publication by the abovementioned contact person on 9 August 2016 at 8:00 a.m. CET.