Love Hearts say I Love You mum
Mums are in for a sweet treat thanks to Swizzels Matlow fans, which have created new Love Heart messages, to celebrate Mother’s Day.
The twenty two new slogans have been generated by a Facebook campaign and will adorn Love Hearts in a new ‘I Love You’ tube.
This is the first Mothering Sunday gift the confectionery giant has produced. The 120g gift is available nationally and has an individual RRP of £1.39.
The lilac retro Love Heart packaging has been designed to attract mums who love nostalgia. The sweets contain no artificial colours and are suitable for vegetarians.
Sarah-Louise Heslop, marketing manager at Swizzels Matlow, said:
“We thought it was about time we celebrated our wonderful mums on a grand scale. Every mum will love the special messages contained on our iconic sweets. Our Love Hearts tube is the perfect little gift and is a refreshing alternative to chocolate.”
Mothering Sunday is on March 18 2012.
Swizzels Matlow is the UK’s largest family-owned independent sugar confectionery business and one of the few confectionery companies to still manufacture sweets in the UK. The company makes a range of well known products including Love Hearts, New Refreshers, Drumstick Lollies, Rainbow Drops, Double Lollies and Fruity Pops.
For further information or photography please contact:
Rachael Richards - 0161 927 3131
Facts about Swizzels Matlow
- The company has been trading in the confectionery sector for over 80 years
- Key brands include – Love Hearts, Drumstick Lollies, New Refreshers, Parma Violets, Fizzers, Double Lollies, Rainbow Drops, Double Dips and Fun Gums
- The company offers retro sweets and a range of Love Hearts gifts on www.lovehearts.com
- 2.75 billion Love Hearts are produced every year, that’s enough to stretch 1.5 times around the world.
- 5000 tonnes of chew products were made last year, that’s the same weight as 1,100 elephants.
- Enough Rainbow Drops were made last year to fill 25 Olympic sized swimming pools.