Interim report 1 September 2015 - 31 May 2016
Clear improvement from Q2
All three concepts are performing well in general. Brothers stands out with a sales increase of 7 percent in total and a positive result in the third quarter of SEK 12 M. Departments & Stores continues to display a stable performance and delivered a small increase in the quarterly result compared to the third quarter of the previous year, despite weak visitor figures. Polarn O. Pyret increased its sales during the ongoing restructuring of its operations.
THIRD QUARTER, MARCH 1, 2016 – MAY 31, 2016 IN SUMMARY
- Sales in comparable stores in Sweden increased during the quarter by 1.0 percent, compared to the market’s increase of 1.7 percent, (Swedish Retail and Wholesale Trade Research Institute (HUI)
- Net sales totaled SEK 489 M (485), an increase of 0.7 percent.
- Operating income amounted to SEK 0 M (4).
- Operating income before amortization for the latest 12-month period totaled SEK 89 M.
- Operating income for the latest 12-month period totaled SEK 42 M (40).
- The loss before tax amounted to SEK -10 M (-8).
- The loss after tax amounted to SEK -10 M (-8), corresponding to SEK -0.28 (-0.25) per share.
- Cash flow from operating activities was SEK 10 M (40).
- Polarn O. Pyret acquired 51 percent of Kids Company Oy. Kids Company Oy, which is the master franchise business in Finland, is expected to generate sales of just over SEK 100 M on an annual basis and consists of 12 stores, an e-commerce store and three franchise stores in Finland.
THE PERIOD, SEPTEMBER 1, 2015 – MAY 31, 2016 IN SUMMARY
- Sales in comparable stores increased by 3.7 percent during the period.
- Net sales totaled SEK 1,618 M (1,573), equivalent to an increase of 2.9 percent.
- Operating income totaled SEK 30 M (36).
- Profit before tax amounted to SEK 15 M (36).
- Profit after tax amounted to SEK 15 M (36), which corresponds to SEK 0.49 (1.07) per share.
- Cash flow from operating activities was SEK 46 M (88).
EVENTS AFTER THE END OF THE PERIOD
- In June, RNB entered into an agreement on possible extension of the existing business financing facility (SEK 400 M) from the company’s principal owner, Konsumentföreningen Stockholm. The agreement implies a possibility to extend the financing from 2017 to 2018 with unchanged contractual terms.
For further information, please contact:
Magnus Håkansson, CEO, RNB RETAIL AND BRANDS, +46 8 410 520 02, +46 768 87 20 02
Kristian Lustin, CFO, RNB RETAIL AND BRANDS, +46 8 410 524 63, +46 768 87 24 63,
The information is such that RNB RETAIL AND BRANDS AB (publ) is required to disclose in accordance with the Swedish Financial Instruments Trading Act and/or the Swedish Securities Market Act. The information was submitted for publishing at 07:30 a.m. on June 23, 2016.
RNB RETAIL AND BRANDS owns, operates and develops fashion, clothing, accessories, jewelry and cosmetics stores that focus on providing excellent service and a world-class shopping experience. Sales are mainly conducted in Scandinavia through the store concepts Brothers and Polarn O. Pyret, as well as through shops in the department stores NK in Stockholm and Gothenburg. RNB RETAIL AND BRANDS has operation in 11 countries. RNB RETAIL AND BRANDS has been listed on the Nasdaq Exchange since 2001.