Year-end report 1 September 2016 - 31 August 2017
Significant earinings improvement for the full year
Operating income was SEK 4 M (6) in the fourth quarter. Sales for comparable stores in Sweden were stable and clearly above the negative market trend during the quarter. Year-on-year profit in the quarter was affected by a slightly lower gross margin, increased investments in marketing and delayed deliveries in Polarn O. Pyret. Full year operating income increased to SEK 63 M (36).
FOURTH QUARTER, 1 JUNE 2017 – 31 AUGUST 2017, IN SUMMARY
- Sales for comparable stores in Sweden decreased by 0.2 percent during the quarter, above the market downturn of 2.4 percent.
- Net sales were SEK 555 M (555).
- Operating income was SEK 4 M (6).
- Profit after tax was SEK -13 M (10), of which market value of currency hedges was SEK -11 M (7).
- Earnings per share was SEK -0.38 (0.31).
- Cash flow from operating activities was SEK -24 M (18).
THE PERIOD, 1 SEPTEMBER 2016 – 31 AUGUST 2017, IN SUMMARY
- Sales for comparable stores in Sweden decreased by 0.7 percent in the period, above the market downturn of 2.0 percent.
- Net sales were SEK 2.222 M (2,173).
- Operating income before amortization was SEK 110 M (88).
- Operating income was SEK 63 M (36).
- Profit after tax was SEK 30 M (26), of which market value of currency hedges was
SEK -14 M (0).
- Earnings per share was SEK 0.90 (0.76).
- Cashflow from operating activities was SEK 51 M (64).
- The Board of Directors proposes a dividend of SEK 0.30 per share (0.25).
EVENTS AFTER THE END OF THE PERIOD
Acquisition of Frontmen.com to further strengthen the digital development.
This information is information that RNB RETAIL AND BRANDS AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out below, on 12 October 2017 at 07:30 a.m. CET.
For further information, please contact:
Magnus Håkansson, CEO, RNB RETAIL AND BRANDS AB
46 8 410 520 02, 46 768 87 20 02, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kristian Lustin, CFO, RNB RETAIL AND BRANDS AB
46 8 410 524 63, 46 768 87 24 63, e-mail: email@example.com
RNB RETAIL AND BRANDS owns, operates and develops fashion, clothing, accessories, jewelry and cosmetics stores that focus on providing excellent service and a world-class shopping experience. Sales are mainly conducted in Scandinavia through the store concepts Brothers and Polarn O. Pyret, as well as through shops in the department stores NK in Stockholm and Gothenburg. RNB RETAIL AND BRANDS has operations in 10 countries. RNB RETAIL AND BRANDS has been listed on the Nasdaq Stockholm Exchange since 2001.