It is time for the Robotdalen Innovation Award 2015!
The internationally oriented Robotdalen Innovation Award is directed at innovators, entrepreneurs, graduate and postgraduate students from all over the world who have ideas, concepts or solutions with commercial potential and breakthrough technology, addressing the following fields of robotics and automation:
• Industrial robotics and automation, providing solutions for small- and medium sized companies
• Service robotics (B2B)
• Health robotics – Technologies for independent life
Robotdalen’s principal role lies in enabling commercial success. Thus the competition has increased its focus on the innovative aspect. To bolster this aspect, extra points will be awarded to contestants who have considered how to commercialize their ideas and how the resulting products can create new user benefits in society or in industry.
Three winners share SEK 230,000 (approximately 25,000 Euro) according to following:
- The winner will receive SEK 110,000 (approx. 12,000 Euro) where SEK 45,000 is prize money and SEK 55,000 is offered to be used to develop the concept in cooperation with Robotdalen
- The second contestant will receive SEK 75,000 (approx. 8,000 Euro) where SEK 35,000 is prize money and SEK 40,000 will be used to develop the concept in cooperation with Robotdalen
- The third contestant will receive SEK 45,000 (approx. 5,000 Euro) where SEK 20,000 is prize money and SEK 25,000 will be used to develop the concept in cooperation with Robotdalen.
Applications should be submitted no later than May 17, 2015 and will be evaluated by an external jury with extensive commercial competence.
The three winners will be invited to Västerås, Sweden, on Sept 3-4 for a prize ceremony (Sept 3) in cooperation with the event
“Automation Summit”, followed by a development workshop together with Robotdalen on Sept 4.
The first Robotdalen Innovation Award was awarded in 2012 (between 2007-2011 it was the Robotdalen Scientific Award). In 2012 Bioservo Technologies won the first prize with SEM™ Glove, in 2013 the winner was Inerventions with the electro-therapeutic dress Mollii. 2014 was a bye year.
For more information about the Robotdalen Innovation Award:
+46 (0)72 200 91 95
+46 (0)72 200 91 95
Robotdalen is a Swedish robotics initiative with the mission to enable commercial success of new ideas and research within robotics and automation; focusing on solutions for the industry, service and healthcare sector. Robotdalen is financed by VINNOVA (the Swedish Innovation Agency), the European Regional Development Fund and a number of public institutions, universities and companies in Central Sweden. Please visit www.robotdalen.se/en for further information.